Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a loan character assaults a unit and gets put into a challenge, the assaulted models that aren't in the challenge do...nothing? Just form an impromptu underground boxing ring and watch their dude fight the other dude?

I had a chaos lord assault a squad of necrons that had the army's warlord in it. Since the chaos lord has to issue a challenge, i did so, and the other player accepted with his character...then we were confused as to what the rest of the unit did while the two warlords duked it out.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
If a loan character assaults a unit and gets put into a challenge, the assaulted models that aren't in the challenge do...nothing? Just form an impromptu underground boxing ring and watch their dude fight the other dude?

I had a chaos lord assault a squad of necrons that had the army's warlord in it. Since the chaos lord has to issue a challenge, i did so, and the other player accepted with his character...then we were confused as to what the rest of the unit did while the two warlords duked it out.
In 7th Edd if there are none but the Characters in the Challenge then everyone can target the Character.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
When a challenge is accepted, the change is that the models involved in the challenge must direct all of their attacks against each other using the WS/T of the opponent rather than majority of the unit as is normally the case, and the models involved also lose Look Out, Sir!

However, Outside Forces (i.e, those not in the challenge) CANNOT direct their attacks against the challenger UNLESS all other enemy models locked in that same combat have been removed as casualties. Excess wounds caused in the challenge carry on

I.e, Sergeant and 9 Space Marines charge 9 Ork Boys and Nob, overwatch has happened, start of fight phase. Space Marines go first, and issues a challenge to the Nob. Nob accepts.

Both Nob and Sergeant have Unwieldy Weapons (Power Fist and Klaw), so Marines go first. Lets say they kill 8. Orks retaliate, killing 2. Nob and Sergeant swing, both surviving each others attacks. Next turn, the Marines pile in. While they cannot directly attack the Nob, with their being only 1 Ork, any wounds left over from the wound pool after the Ork is removed may be allocated to the Nob.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so the other guys in their unit could have attacked the chaos lord since there were no other dudes in the Lord's unit.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
In a 6th edition, they could not attack, and every 5 soldiers standing around doing nothing would grant that side's character a reroll.

This edition, that is no longer the case--basically, yes, they would have attacked rather than standing around

1 - 5 of 5 Posts