Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is my first post, I have been lurking for a while now, just waiting until i had something to show. Recently starting playing again after a few years, started collecting necrons when they first came out but had to stop as my cat sat on them and destroyed a whole bunch, and i had no money to replace them.Anyway, started to collect necrons once again, picked up a battle-force and have finally gotten round to taking some photos of my current progress. Which isnt much in all honesty, most are just base coated white at the moment.

Decided agaisnt going for the ususal metallic terminators and opted for a ceramic spacey kind of material with a coat of gloss to make them appear space like. Have one warrior finished at the moment, turned out okay i reckon, though for this one i didn't realise the paint went on so thick, and was still working out the shade i liked.I have put a coat of gloss varnish on it but it looks far too shiny for what i was going for. Also planning on replacing the bases with some of these [Link] Think they'll suit the pale theme. I hope.

I have also did some conversion work on their legs, just little things such as moving them fully on to the bases, altering the positions of legs/arms and in a couple ive added some battle damage. Not very brilliantly done like, but never done anything like this before. Not entirely sure how/if ill be able to replace the bases on these ones with the ice bases I have ordered, but we'll see.

A few pictures of all this:

Finished Warrior

Assembled Battleforce

Modified Warriors

So, what do you all think? Im very new at all this hobby crafting stuff, so any tipsand tricks are welcome. :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I like the ceramic look on the Necrons. It's unique. I was thinking of getting some just to paint them out of boredom of working on nothing but Orks and Marines. I was going to do a classic silver grimed a little with a black wash then a once or twice over with a red wash to make them kind of a dark metallic red. Kind of a break from the classic "T-100" series Necrons you see all the time.

·