Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to try out centurions, and I dis like the model. So I would like to try to make count as to have. Ive been thinking of makei g them look like knight titans, but I want them to look more like cyborg infantry rather than a small titan.
Here's a idea on paper (hope it posted). Big gun would be like my captains, hope its posted too.

I would love any advice on what to use to make it easier to make. This will be the biggest project I've done with modeling

Ps I'm on my phone, and doing other things. So if anyone wants more details ask. Hopefully this will turn into a log soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
A lot of people are considering FW mechanicum robots for counts as centurions. That would definitely fit your idea of cyborg infantry.

Have you actually seen the centurions in the flesh yet? I was 100% going to make counts as models until my mates kit turned up in the post - they are actually really nice models when you get up close.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have not, no one in my group has them (its only a handful of friends). out of us only one other has space marines. im sure if i went to the local gaming shop i could, but since i moved, it is about 30min drive.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I thought about Centurions to represent Obliterators for my Night Lords, but now I'm thinking about waiting until Puppets War releases their two bigger models, the Ripper and Destroyer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i saw the image for the destroyer.
also saw youre in columbus. you know of the guardtower?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed I do sir. Fine store, need to head that way to pick up some more Chaos Marines sometime.
my friends and i sometimes go on the weekends. i sadly moved just above 270. theres a small GW store next to me. i stop there for my 'this and thats'. so the guardtower is more of when we have a few people wanting to go.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've not played any games there (although I always see people playing something there), I play with a guy who goes to my college. I'd try to go for the weekly Warhammer 40k night if I had a vehicle with me this semester, but sadly it's $650 for a parking pass at my college.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
last time i went there for it, about 1 year, was a mix. people who are tourney players, friendly lists.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as for using dreads, i want something less vehicle to account for the T5 instead of AV12. ive thought about it though.

im slowly rebuilding my tau. i used foam cases and it didnt protect anything. so i just used a tot, and lot broke still. but now i use magnetic bases. only the XV8s i dont use break now (ankle joints on them are weak). want to get DE up to 2k. though i lack the money for 10 venoms. what do you use?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've got a solid 1,250 worth of Imperial Guard, and I've got plans to aggresively build up a Chaos Space Marine (Night Lords) force soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts