Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that Censure by Nick Kyme is available for purchase and download today. I normally detest audio dramas and have been nothing but let down by them in the past, but this Thursday I will be making a 12 hour drive and figured what better way to attempt to pass the time. But I am quite hesitant about dropping the money on this as I purchased The Sigilitie by Chris Wraight expecting a smidge of entertainment, and boy was I wrong on that one....

So if anyone has given this audio drama a listen I would much appreciate a quickie review on whether this is worth the money or not :)

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I had such high hopes for a good story about Thiel after Know No Fear... Well, I was in for a let down.

The biggest problem is that there is exactly zero in the ways of content or plot in it really. When it felt like 15 minutes had passed there had actually went some 45 minutes already (out of 75), and fuck nothing at all had happened really. "Plot" twist was so obvious that it wasn‘t even remotely surprising when it happened.

I usually love audio dramas, but this one was fairly bad. Get Honour to the Dead instead, its about a hundred times better and more enjoyable. I mean, titans beating each other to pulp is always entertaining and interesting, right? Or Wolf Hunt (yes, even McNeil is better than this), or any other of the more recent audios for that matter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuck... this is what I figured was going to happen... honestly I have already bought both Wolf Hunt and Honour to the Dead, and I lost interest in both halfway through lol. My attention kept drifting off and I missed entire plot points and sections of dialogue and kept having to rewind it so I could hear them again. Fuck I hate audio dramas.....

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I had such high hopes for a good story about Thiel after Know No Fear... Well, I was in for a let down.

The biggest problem is that there is exactly zero in the ways of content or plot in it really. When it felt like 15 minutes had passed there had actually went some 45 minutes already (out of 75), and fuck nothing at all had happened really. "Plot" twist was so obvious that it wasn‘t even remotely surprising when it happened.

I usually love audio dramas, but this one was fairly bad. Get Honour to the Dead instead, its about a hundred times better and more enjoyable. I mean, titans beating each other to pulp is always entertaining and interesting, right? Or Wolf Hunt (yes, even McNeil is better than this), or any other of the more recent audios for that matter.
Spoilers please? I hate audio dramas.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts

Overall one of the most obvious, uninspired and pointless plots in all of the Horus Heresy. Ouh, and boy did Kyme ruin the great Thiel we had in Know No Fear.

·
Registered
437 Posts
That...sounds rather horrible. Granted I thought Know No Fear was also horrible along with the current Ultramarines Heresy plotlines they've been following. But this audio in particular sounds just bad on it's own. I was thinking of buying it but I'll hold off on my money now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts