Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it possible to base a chapter from a cemetary world? I have a bunch of second edition pewter Space Marines that my cousin gave me and I'd like to start painting them in the heraldry and colors of my Homebrew Chapter the Ghouls of Granithor.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
in a fictional universe its possible for you to have anything you like really, there are no set rules for where things can and cannot ever come.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I am just trying to have a feasible homeworld for my chapter.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've read somewhere about a world where the dead of the Imperial Guard are brought. Just a world with row after row after row of graves. Forget where I read that though. Your chapter can be obsessed with death. Like the Mortifactors, just skulls everywhere.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
xD I can't believe you set up a thread like this I am currently making my vanilla DIY chapter that is from a cemetery world

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Nuked link.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
How would the population of this world be eligible to become Astartes? Death worlds, Feral worlds, and even Medieval worlds all give the folks who live there a real asset when it comes to being good enough to be chosen. I don't mean the fighting, or even the physical fitness of the aspirants; after all, young men from these harsh worlds will probably be scrawny, malnourished, bearing the scars of injuries and disease or even mutation. Geneseed and the process of psych-/hypno-doctrination will fix all of these issues, just look at the youngsters who come from Baal Secundus- all of them have been touched by mutation to some degree and look at how they turn out. What the Chapters are really looking for is mental toughness, the ability to determine a goal and to stick with it to the bitter end, using the mind to overcome whatever difficulties they encounter, pushing them past their physical boundaries, allowing them to kill if need be, and not just animals but Humans if they get in the way.
So, how would a cemetery world mould this sort of aspirant? I'm not knocking your idea, rather, if you want a consistent story, you'll need to come up with some adversity for the inhabitants of the world to overcome on a daily basis, something that steels their minds and makes them able to be turned into killers for the Chapter.

GFP

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
So, how would a cemetery world mould this sort of aspirant? I'm not knocking your idea, rather, if you want a consistent story, you'll need to come up with some adversity for the inhabitants of the world to overcome on a daily basis, something that steels their minds and makes them able to be turned into killers for the Chapter.
GFP
How about the dead of the world do not rest easy? Some assorted factor (Disease, parasites, alien scheme) has animated the honored dead of the planet, and the Custodial Clans must fight an almost constant war against the arisen?

Or, as your lads ARE called Ghouls, perhaps clans of Ghoul-kin fight over the planet for territory and food? In Fantasy, the ghouls are actually debased humans, so perhaps something happened to the human custodians of this world to make them into corpse-munchin' ghouls, such as the Administratum "forgetting" about the world and not sending any food supplies for years at a time... The Space Marines recruit from the Ghoul Clans and turn them into battle brothers...

·
Registered
2 Posts
How about the dead of the world do not rest easy? Some assorted factor (Disease, parasites, alien scheme) has animated the honored dead of the planet, and the Custodial Clans must fight an almost constant war against the arisen?

Or, as your lads ARE called Ghouls, perhaps clans of Ghoul-kin fight over the planet for territory and food? In Fantasy, the ghouls are actually debased humans, so perhaps something happened to the human custodians of this world to make them into corpse-munchin' ghouls, such as the Administratum "forgetting" about the world and not sending any food supplies for years at a time... The Space Marines recruit from the Ghoul Clans and turn them into battle brothers...
Werewolf Space Marines (SW), Vampire Space Marines (BA), Ghost Space Marines (LotD), a sack of bones on the toilet . . . I agree the time for a Zombie chapter is long over due.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I would go with the idea that the dead arise, but the administratum don't stop sending dead bodies, and the people on the planet dont want the imperium to find out so they just fight a constant war against the zombies.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts