Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly question but how many d6 do cab get when wanting to run ? Is it still 1 just wondering because of the 12" movement

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
D6".

The appendix at the back of the BRB is great for this sort of stuff, starts on pg.424. I mean, there's always the relevant sections, but having those 6 pages handy is great.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Hmmm. Similar musing: what happens when you have a cavalry independent character in a biker squad? Can the bikes turbo boost while the HQ runs to keep up? Mixed unit type running, arg.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
normaly you can only move as fast as your slowest model, in this case no the bikes could not turbo burst, unless you planned on leaving the hq behind

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
actually the bikers could turboboost and goes as far as unit coherency allows. and he cannot run to keep the pace, because the unit he joined is not able to run.

·
Registered
8 Posts
In reply to the original question, Cavalry run d6", but can re-roll it due to their innate fleet.

In reply to MossyToes, it would mean the independent character would leave the unit, but could join up next movement phase, as the rules for joining units state 'In the movement phase,.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
normally you can only move as fast as your slowest model, in this case no the bikes could not turbo burst, unless you planned on leaving the hq behind
This is not a rule in 6th edition. Read BRB pg 10, right column, 4th para.

The unit may turbo boost, then the Character may Run so long as the unit stays in coherency the entire time.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
The unit may turbo boost, then the Character may Run so long as the unit stays in coherency the entire time.
So the IC can run? i thought that running was a unit thing...well that's good.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
ah, now i got it clear. You run modelwise but you may not shoot unitwise! Thank you DK.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts