Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uhm, I have a LOLs tactic I use sometimes.

I have my Carnivean, 2 Protectors, Lylyth, Sheperd, 5 Shredders, My Striders, And My Swordsmen.

I basically use my Carnivean, to two handed throw, my shredders, while using the protectors animi on them(cant be knocked down) over to the enemy, just to get that extra bit of charging. Plus they can knock down other models. Eventually I throw the Protectors and what not. I use this tactic when the time calls for it. Its fun. :)

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Uhm, I have a LOLs tactic I use sometimes.

I have my Carnivean, 2 Protectors, Lylyth, Sheperd, 5 Shredders, My Striders, And My Swordsmen.

I basically use my Carnivean, to two handed throw, my shredders, while using the protectors animi on them(cant be knocked down) over to the enemy, just to get that extra bit of charging. Plus they can knock down other models. Eventually I throw the Protectors and what not. I use this tactic when the time calls for it. Its fun. :)
Sadly, not a tactic you can use anymore in Mk2. If you get thrown or slammed, even if you can't be knocked down, you still need to forfeit either your movement or you action - no getting thrown and charging in the same turn anymore (Prime Mk2, P53/54). You can, of course, push your own models, for that extra inch or two when needed :)

The only models that can do that are currently unreleased - the new Minion Wrastler model, which was previewed in No Quater magazine. Theres a bit of debate on the PP forums about that particular model currently, as it would give a huge threat range advantage to several factions, and bring back some of the throwing shenanigans that PP has removed in Mk2. Everyone's waiting to see if it's being changed from what it was reported as in the Magazine, as most think it would change the game to have that loophole opened.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Indeed. I used to use similar tactics with my slayer and leviathan. Two hand throw the leviathan as a ranged attack at another model to reduce deviation and then have it activate and obliterate since i just got 6+ extra inches out of it for one measly focus off my slayer. Regarding the Wrastler. I hope it does get changed. PP did a really good job of rebalancing in MKII and I hope they dont go and ruin it by reintroducing the idea that "if everything is broken then the game is balanced."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts