Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sooo totally blame @Khorne's Fist, @Tawa & @SwedeMarine for putting this infernal Thousand Sons idea into my head that simply will not go away! So in the spirit of the eternal wisdom from the Borg collective... I now have a question to THIS collective before I embark on this journey!

Would the Cataphractii Pattern TDA fit in with the feel for a Thousand Sons army? Or does it have to be the Justaerin Pattern version? Having read both HH novels A Thousand Sons and Prospero Burns, it didn't really give that much away. Considering that the TS are effectively from the pre-HH era and have been sealed in their armour, having any TS TDA squads in the modern-day version doesn't feel right to me.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I sooo totally blame @Khorne's Fist, @Tawa & @SwedeMarine for putting this infernal Thousand Sons idea into my head that simply will not go away! So in the spirit of the eternal wisdom from the Borg collective... I now have a question to THIS collective before I embark on this journey!

Would the Cataphractii Pattern TDA fit in with the feel for a Thousand Sons army? Or does it have to be the Justaerin Pattern version? Having read both HH novels A Thousand Sons and Prospero Burns, it didn't really give that much away. Considering that the TS are effectively from the pre-HH era and have been sealed in their armour, having any TS TDA squads in the modern-day version doesn't feel right to me.

Thoughts?
just a quick question the Justaerin were the 1st company terminators from the sons or horus i didnt think it was a armour pattern, the Justaerin armour is based on Cataphractii Pattern TDA. so my understanding only the sons of horus had Justaerin as they were a special unit within there ranks, and the thousand sons would most defiantly of used Cataphractii Pattern TDA( ive no ref for this mind but as it was a standard TDA pattern in the heresy it makes sense)

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Justearin are just the name a special unit in the LW/SOH much like the Morlocks or the Deathshroud, they wore Cataphractii that was just LW/SOHised a bit. You make a very good point about the TS, they'd be in Cataphractii or Tartaros really, unless they were a Sorcerer, in which case they could be in anything.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Cataphractii terminator

Tartaros Terminator

Justaerin Terminator

In all honesty the Justaerin Armour looks like it would be the best fi (personally) the only thing would be removing all of the SoH iconograpgy (easily done with GS). The secont option would be tartaros. the Cataphractii are more fitting for what @Jacobite is doing. (again personal opionion only and i have no idea what the fluff says.)

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I sooo totally blame @Khorne's Fist, @Tawa & @SwedeMarine for putting this infernal Thousand Sons idea into my head
Nice to see a germ I planted turn into a full blown disease! I feel like Papa Nurgle.

I agree with Swede, the Justaerin is more fittingly stylised for the TS. If you were good enough with GS you might even be able to alter the eye of Horus to look something like the Egyptian style eye more suited to the TS

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
If you are feeling adventurous with the green stuff I agree wholeheartedly with altering the Eye of Horus to an Eye of Magnus.

Although I think the "standard" Cataphractii would look just as awesome as TS's :so_happy:

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for your comments on this. I too think the Justaerin TDA would fit best. But with the amount of re-work required on the SoH eye into the TS version, especially on the limited waist region on at least two of them, I'm think that I might as well start with a clean canvas on the Cataphractii version and make it unique. After all this is what I'm now seeing the Justaerin TDA as, a customised job of the Cataphractii pattern TDA for the SoH.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what you churn out, Wookie :so_happy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts