Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've come back from an almost 20 year break, when I was younger I played Catachan Imps and use to paint them orange, because it was the color that I could best finish probably. Now that I'm older, with better sense of color and muscle control I am starting another Catachan II Regiment, fluffy to the core. Lead by Straken, Nork at his side, Harker leading a vet squad of devils, and plenty of crazies Catachans to put the fear in all who come along. But then here is my problem...I hate camo paint schemes and think the models look awful...so I've come up with a plan. Base black uniforms, deep dark waves in the creases and highlight/drybrushed (old school style) with blood red. I've made a practice model to test it out, what do you think? Can it still be true to the fluffy story line?

http://postimg.org/image/wss5kclzp/a31f3ce2/
http://postimg.org/image/5w86c136d/

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
You posted the link to the page that hosted the image rather than the image itself.

Usually you can tell when you're on the right track when your link has a .jpg, .gif,.other image formats at the end of the URL.

You can then embed the image into your post by surrounding the URL with the img tag.

Or you can just click on the yellow mountain icon in the quick reply/go advanced post section.

One last thing, but I may be mistaken, your post belongs elsewhere. I'm quite certain there is a miniature sub-forum somewhere here but it's all good, we all make mistakes when we first join a new place : )

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

Here you go mate :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
On topic: your alternative uniform is cool. I'd imagine that even those ripped Catachans would consent to use clothes if the climate got cold enough.. They can't be sent to fight exlusively on tropic planets :p I don't like the models either and wish all the luck to ye.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts