Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am coming back to 40k after taking a long, almost 20 year break. I stopped playing around the time that Imperial Guard Codexes and models were coming out and I want to go back to fielding an Imp army. My question is is the Catachan Codex, published before the newest Imperial Guard Codex valid, especially the rules pertaining to Straken. In the Catachan Codex he costs 130 points but has the Catachan Devils rule, allowing for you to field more than one Devil Unit, counting them as Troops rather than Elites. In the Imp Codex he is 95 points but this rule is not listed. Can I use the Catachan Codex to override the Imp one, spending 130 points to allow me to field an entire Catachane Devil Army? Answers are much appreciated!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Hey :)

As far as I'm aware, the answer would be a definite "no" for using the Catachan 'dex. Amongst your own group of friends/club etc, I'd be inclined to say "it's your hobby, go for it".

Just be mindful of the list you build though, in case you wish to game in store or hit up any competitions :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your response! That is what I was thinking, as it seemed "too good to be true" :grin: Thanks again I look forward to checking out this forum and getting back into the swing of things.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Not a problem :)

See you around the boards! :so_happy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts