Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the rulebook, it talks about casualty leadership modifiers if a member of a squad dies. It says that for every model you lose your leadership is modified by 1, so for example if I lost 10 gaunts my leadership would be in the negatives due to really bad leadership? I don't understand this. The same goes in the assault phase. Could someone please clear this up for me? :search:

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
In the rulebook, it talks about casualty leadership modifiers if a member of a squad dies. It says that for every model you lose your leadership is modified by 1, so for example if I lost 10 gaunts my leadership would be in the negatives due to really bad leadership? I don't understand this. The same goes in the assault phase. Could someone please clear this up for me? :search:

Thanks.
From what I understand, in regards to combat, the only time you lose leadership points is in close combat. The negative comes from how much you lose by. If you kill two guys and your opponent kills eight guys, your moral is modified by -6. In the case where you get below a leadership of 2, a double 1 is an automatic pass. See insane heroism under the moral section on page 43.

In other cases, leadership can be modified by abilities. Those are dealt with in the specific codexi. For example, the broodlord and deathleaper abilities. In the case of shooting and tankshock, as far as I know, there are no modifiers.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
also remember if your gaunts are within 6" of a synapse creature they are fearless

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
First of all, it's wounds, not models. The -1 per wound lost only applies to combat resolution in hth. if I shoot at you and kill 9 out of 10 (single wound) models, there is no modifier caused by losing 9 wounds. But if we're fighting a hth and I cause 9 unsaved wounds and you cause none, THEN you would have a -9 modifier to the morale test taken for losing combat. Or, if in synapse, you would take 9 No Retreat wounds.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, I get it now. During shooting if I lose 25% or more I need to take a leadership test right? No modifers?

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
That would be correct ... and it goes by phases as well. If you have 20 orks in turn one you lose 4 orks you do not need to take a morale check because it is only 20% that you lost. In turn 2 if you lose 4 more ( you only have 16 at this point) you then take a morale check as you did lose 25% in THAT turn. Now this is not taking into account any special rule that orks have for fearless as I do not play them, I just used them as an example because I know you can put high numbers of boys in a unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts