Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to do my bit for the club's tournament... (being on the committee and all)

The Rules Pack will be available here: Entry form will be available shortly.

40K Rules Pack

The Comp score system has been over-hauled this year (to avoid some of the contentious decisions made last year!!)

Dirty Dozen - will now be the Bottom Third of the Entrants List
Band 2 - the Middle third
Lambs to the Slaughter - will be the Top third.

To make it easier for competitors to 'Know' what their comp score will be, we will be offering you the opportunity to 'test' your score by sending it in No later than 3 weeks before(6th August). This will allow you the limited chance to adjust your force should you wish. Please do not send in lots of attempts as it could clog us up - 2/3 should be the max. The closing date for Army list will be 2 weeks before the event (13th August).

There will (hopefully) be a spread sheet which you can download specifically for this, hopefully within the next month....No promises though.

We will not be able to tell you which Category you will be in, because that will be determined by other entrants and their scores once they are all in.

Please diarise this event in you diaries, and let us know if you would like to participate.

All contact details are contained with the PDF.

See you in August!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Would be rude to not give it a go in my home city... let the carnage begin!!

Will be in touch soon

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As Carnage is a multi system event (Hordes/Warmachine, 40k, WFB) The club committee at first wanted to drop 40k in favour of another system. But the 40k players rose up and smote them!:angry::ireful2:
:blush:
So 40k is back on the menu. The 40k committee is being a lot more proactive this year, in publicising the event, re-working the comp scoring system, etc.

If you want to meet the club and you are in Cardiff, come down to firestorm on Thursdays.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I would like to meet the club, and I'm in Cardiff :D

But comp score... Oh dear.

I'm sure I can make it for the event as well, just need to check out what days I'll be moving house.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, comp score. It is part of our brand for the tournament. The tournament should above all be fun! That means if you want to take a BA list with 5 dedicated land raiders, you are more than welcome to come, just don't expect many points for your comp score. If you can build a fluffy list that can still win its games, then you should do well.

Come down to the club on Thursday (it is potentially my last club night; what with exams, dissertation and not being able to blag any more years at uni). Come on down to Firestorm 19.00. Website for directions.

·
Registered
111 Posts
does Stu Mc..something..dale get down there much? Havent seen him since he was the bossman at GW cardiff!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I'm probably going to be attending, though my list will probably fall into the unwashed category.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hey i think me and my mate are going to try and come down to Firestorm this Thursday if thats ok. Im definately up for Carnage and hes coming around to the idea as well.

Am trying to put together a reasonably balanced/fluffy list... Lambs for the Win!! lol

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you are coming down this Thursday with you mate, why don't you bring your armies? You can either play each other, or go to the cardiff wargames forum and arrange a game there.

If you try and find me I will be either outside having a smoke, being demolished by orks, or slapping Imperial fists (depending on what time you turn up).

·
Registered
526 Posts
Ye i think thats the plan, hes coming up from the south coast with his Vostroyans (who i would probably put an outside bet on winning the painting comp at Carnage... they are amazing... but i digress) we'll probably have a game at mine tomorrow night or somethin, then come down to see you guys on Thurs. I have been down before once but then things got a little complex in RL, but all is calmer now so might have some time to have a good go. I think youve moved since i came down but no doubt ill find ya

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Me and another member of the committee have have been working on the comp scoring system. We have put together a downloadable spreadsheet that you can use to score your armies. Please bear in mind that this is only intended to give you a rough idea of how many bonus points you will get for your composition. Your score MAY be changed subject to a decision by the committee (This will only happen if it is obvious that you have tried to beat the system i.e. 5 BA Land Raiders gives you a very high score, therefore band 3 with fluffy less competitive lists). We are confident that there is enough experience between the committee to spot a filthy list. It is expected that most armies won't need any modification by the committee.

The files are available here:

For new versions of Excel

and

For older versions of Excel

Any problems or questions let me know and I will try to resolve them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
does Stu Mc..something..dale get down there much? Havent seen him since he was the bossman at GW cardiff!
Yep, it's me, who's this? It's been 10 years since I was at Cardiff! This is the same club that I started nearly 12 years ago and we've evolved and relocated and grown and it's an awesome place to play.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We have completed the update of the spreadsheet. There have been some changes to the way we do things. Most notably separating dedicated transports. We feel this is necessary to limit the ever present spam lists. The new spreadsheet can be accessed from the links above.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Hey Epatus.

Can't seem to use that sheet, says its copy protected. When I try to 'unprotect' it, I'm asked for a password, and its no passwords I know :(

Anyone else having the same problem?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.