Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came up with this after reading that BTs will not be a main CC army in the coming update and remembering about Tyberos the Red Wake, one of the most awesome 40k models imo, and decided that the Carcharodons could be the melee army that I want to make after my DE are finished.

HQ
Tyberos the Red Wake - 190pts

Elites
1 x Dreadnought -145pts
-Twin-Linked Lascannon
-Twin-Linked Missile Launcher

Troops
1 x Terminator Assault Squad - 200pts
-4 x Terminators
-1 x Sergeant

1 x Tactical Squad - 205pts
-9 x Tactical Marines
--Chainswords/Bolt Pistols
-1 x Sergeant
--Power Fist

1 x Tactical Squad - 205pts
-9 x Tactical Marines
--Chainswords/Bolt Pistols
-1 x Sergeant
--Power Fist

Dedicated Transports
2 x Rhinos - 100pts
-Extra Armour

Fast Attack
1 x Assault Squad - 230pts
-9 x Assault Marines
--Flamer
-1 x Sergeant
--Power Fist
--Melta Bombs

1 x Assault Squad - 230pts
-9 x Assault Marines
--Flamer
-1 x Sergeant
--Power Fist
--Melta Bombs

Heavy Support

Really interested in advice on how I can make this list good, improve it but while still keeping it as a mainly close combat oriented army. If range becomes more prevalent in the army I may as well just stick to my DE who are 99% range.

LotN

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I've never been too hot on special CCW on tactical sergeants. At most I equip them with a combi-plasma just in case something gets close that I need two extra S7 AP2 shots. I also wouldn't bother with extra armour for the Rhinos, but that's because they pop so damn easily I don't see the value. Lastly, the assault squads. Being predominantly a BA player I have tons of experience with these guys, and I would suggest dropping the PFs for PWs of your choosing and giving each squad a second Flamer.

Oh, and I'd give it a couple weeks for the new C:SM to come out. Chances are this list will be different afterwards, specially if you haven't been collecting it too much.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts