Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the old thread recieved I'll start a new one instead of thread necromancy. 馃槃

Played on a 4'X6' or 4'X8' game board.

Both players deploy their armies on the short side opposite to eachother and within 12" of the edge. Each chooses something to represent their "flag" this is placed at 6" infront of the players deployment zone.

Then the goal is to fight to the enemy "flag" and capture it with a unit that shall then retreat into the deplayment zone. If the unit carrying the "flag" dies or flees then the flag is dropped. It can be returned by friendly units walking in base contact with it but a single unit can only carry one "Flag"

Only infantry can carry the "Flag", but a unit that carries the "flag" can embark on a transport.

All lost units are put back into reserves. Each turn a reserve roll of 5+ makes the reserves that can make legal units arrive.

What do you think? What need tweeking for 7th ed?

DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
Certainly sounds interesting, just went though your old thead and the concensus is that. Only thought though is there an extended turn limit or it just got the standard 5 with chance to continue, because all i see is the chance for the old stale mate thay used to happen in halo some times. Dunno really any on thoughts on that?

Actually a thought in regards to 7th, you could basically run this as a "Relic" mission but have the caviot that it only scores ones its back in the players deployment zones???

Only other real thought is balence some armies would thrive under these rules while others no matter what they do might struggle, but i don't see any ways of balancing it apart from basically making it a relic mission with multipe relics and staying away from the old bring back to base part.

Registered
As Battman says, it's just a relic with double objectives, with the caveat you only score taking the OTHER relic in your dep zone.
A really really hard scoring condition that will basically be tied almost every time, making even more important secondary objectives.
We could say that units carrying the flag have either "reroll all failed saves" OR "a 4+ invuln save" or maybe just a +2 to their feel no pain due to the adrenaline rush...
With defensive bonuses to the carriers the game should become more a game not letting the opponent take it rather than blasting everyone that touches the flag. A cool thing to do could be allowing reserves to come in from a random side (1 your side, 2-3 right, 4-5 left, 6 enemy side) to spice up things and make useful the recicled units immediately.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As Battman says, it's just a relic with double objectives, with the caveat you only score taking the OTHER relic in your dep zone.
A really really hard scoring condition that will basically be tied almost every time, making even more important secondary objectives.
We could say that units carrying the flag have either "reroll all failed saves" OR "a 4+ invuln save" or maybe just a +2 to their feel no pain due to the adrenaline rush...
With defensive bonuses to the carriers the game should become more a game not letting the opponent take it rather than blasting everyone that touches the flag. A cool thing to do could be allowing reserves to come in from a random side (1 your side, 2-3 right, 4-5 left, 6 enemy side) to spice up things and make useful the recicled units immediately.
The random sides for reserves to arrive from is my thought. Some buff to the unit that holds the enemy flag is a great idea. Maybe grant FNP on a 5+ or +1 to an existing FNP and an additional D3 to runmoves.

I'm aware of the potential of a stalement but I Think it would be fun to give this kind a game a timelimit rather than turnlimit and see how you goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts