Ultramarines: Loyalists

Death Guard: Heretics (Nurgle) Yay!

Thousand Sons: Loyalists

Luna Wolves: Loyalists

Word Bearers: Heretics (Tzeentch)

Salamanders: Heretics (Undivided)

Raven Guard: Heretics (Slaanesh)

Alpha Legion: Heretics (Undivided)

So thats what I rolled and Im typing the Heresy soon, posting this list so I dont lose it.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The Betrayal

Konrad Curze, after striking down Rogal Dorn fled to Nostramo, despite the efforts of the imperial fleet they still arived to late to save the planet as it was ripped asunder by the combined fire power of Curze's fleet.
Afterwards Curze fled into the warp, while he and his legion traveled the warp currents the Chaos Gods noticed the turmoil in the Fleeing Primarch.
Whispers of greatness, order, freedom and conquest all would be his if only he would turn his back on the Emperor who he now felt had turned his back on Curze.

He and his Legion reemerged from the warp changed men, Curze was now empowered with the raw power of chaos while his legion each now was terrible to behold. Cuze subtly influenced his brothers turning three of them from the Emperors light.
Lorgar and his Word Bearers were mystified by the ever-changing Tzeentch, Lorgar himself was gifted with a Crown of Bronze with a shard of Tzeentch's staff set into it, while this gave Lorgar almost unmatchable psychic might it also drove from him any lingering loyalties to the False Emperor securing Tzeentch's hold on his champion.

Leman Russ and his Space Wolves eagerly gave themselves to Khorne, his influence increased the potency of the Wulfen curse or gift as they now called it, untill almost the entire Legion became ravaging blood crazed monsters. Russ was gifted with a huge battle axe wielded by the first Champion of Khorne which could shatter the strongest of armour.

Finally the Primarch of the Death Guard Mortarion embraced Chaos. [Enter what actually happened to Mortarion here]

Curze and his allies then made their way to the Isstvan system.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Isstvan

Issvan V

When the Emperor heard of this betrayal he flew into a rage and dispatched seven whole Legions to deal with this threat, The Luna Wolves of the Warmaster Horus, The Blood Angels of Noble Sangunius and The Emperors Children of Fulgrim the Phoenician would form the first wave while the White Scars, Raven Guard, Iron Warriors and the Alpha Legion would form the second wave.

The Legions of Horus, Sanguinius and Fulgrim deployed onto the planet from their Thunderhawks and Drop pods, Sanguinius and his Sanguinary Guard charged into the ranks of the still reeling Space Wolves while Horus and his Mournvial lead a speartip smashing into the Death Guard.
The Emperor's children however charged straight towards the Word Bearers, to see the one's who had once worshipped the Emperor as a god turn away from his perfection enraged Fulgrim so that he tore apart fully armoured astartes with his bare hands untill he came face to face with his treacherous brother.....

"Heretic!" Fulgrim bellowed as he punched straight through a terminators torso "I will slay you traitor!" he continued as Lorgars warriors moved back to allow their primarch to the front.

"aaaahhh Fulgrim, most foolish of my brothers, you will die here you know, it has been forseen" he hissed between reptillian teeth and indicated the blue pulsing shard in his crown, as Fulgrim gazed into it he saw every moment of his entire life in vivid detail, the things he saw would have driven any normal mad but Fulgrim was a primarch, a Child of the Emperor and he knew no fear.

"So be it, but mark my words Heretic, you shall not survive my death" Fulgrim sneered back "Emperors Children, slay them in his name!" He roared to his sons then finally drew his sword Fireblade and hurled himself at Lorgar....

Not far away Horus saw them meet and cried out in anguish, Astartes fighting Astartes was one thing but a Primarch fighting a Primarch was completly differant matter. Around him his sons the Luna Wolves cut down hundreds of Death Guard while the Blood Angels tore through the Space Wolves, the Sanguinary Guard had wiped out three great companys alone and the Wolves were now retreating back into the mountains. However somthing was not right, the Night Lords were missing...

Fulgrim gasped in pain and fell back with Lorgars knife in his right shoulder.

"You...will...fall" He gasped as Lorgar advanced, lightning played over Lorgars hands.
"Oh really, I am afraid that that is not part of the great plan brother and now I tire of you so good bye Fulgrim" With that Lorgar hurled the lightning bolts towards the Fallen primarch. Fulgrim made his peace with the Emperor and awaited death. But strangley death did not come, only a laugh from Lorgar, "The fool, look Fulgrim the Angel is trying to save the Phoenix"

Fulgrim opened his eyes to see Sanguinius hurtling towards Lorgar in a steep dive and then Lorgar gathered the lightning that had been directed at Fulgrim and sent it at Sanguinius. Fulgrim watched as the darkness closed in as Sanguinius was struck from the sky with massive rents in his wings, the impact of his landing knocked thousands of Astartes to their knees. Lorgar laughed "Now he dies"
Fulgrim lurched to his feet and grabbed Lorgar between his arms.
"Never" he gasped then reached up and with all his remaining strength punched the crystal in Lorgars crown then fell to the ground.
Lorgar screamed and tried to remove the crown which was fused to his head...the crystal exploded taking Lorgar, Fulgrim, most of both of their legions including Kor Phaeron and Lord Commander Eidolon.

More to come later.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I really like it: the crown idea was a real stroke of genius by the way though. Good work! :)

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The psychic backlash and horror of Fulgrim and Lorgars destruction forced every single astartes to their knees, even the Primarchs mighty as they were recoiled in shock, two sons of the Emperor lay dead at each others hand along with over ten thousand astartes all within a few moments of each other. Horus was the first to recover and with tears in his eyes at the sheer wrongness of this folly he bellowed over the vox channels "Sons of the Emperor, the Last Phoenix lies dead and the Angel lies broken and wounded...." The words came hard to his lips "His commander with him...my sons...no..my brothers, I beg you do not let his sacrifice be in vain...KILL THEM ALL!!!" With that Horus and the Mournvial hurled themselves at the Death Guard sliceing through them with hot rage...

Saul Tarvitz fell to his knees "NOOOOO!" he screamed in unision with his brothers, "Brothers, we must...we must recover his body and Then" Hatred flared in his eyes "Then we shall say them all, I swear I shall not rest untill every single Word Bearer lies dead" With Lucious on one side and Captain Dementer on the other he led the Emperors Children in perfect union towards their father's broken form. Twenty First Company Veterans rested their storm sheild on their shoulders and gently lifted Fulgrims lifeless corpse onto them then slowly in perfect step marched back to the waiting Firebird.

The Blood Angels also fell back to the dropsite with the injured form of their lord to await the other Legions.

Faced with the fury of the Luna Wolves and the remaining Emperors children, the Death Guard and Word Bearers retreated back to the mountains with the Word Bearers routing andunableto recover their lords remains, there were none anyway.
About this time a Captain among the Death Guard finally decided to renounce his Legion. Battle-Captain Garro and most of his company opened fire on their former brothers then opened a vox link to the Luna Wolves.

"My lord!" Came Garro's voice "Its a trap, the Night Lords they are deploying to take the drop zone!"
"And?" Horus growled back "One Legion is already their another five will soon arrive, what could Curze have that cold match that?!" with that Horus cut the vox and fought on

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
interesting stillios, however i doubt that Tzeentch would like to have HIS chosen primarch to die, nor would the other chaos gods... other than that its awesome...keep it coming

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SPOILERS

Lorgar is taken...I didnt say dead :) *Laughs evilly*

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was at this moment that the Legions of Corax, the Khan, Perturabo and Alpharius emerged from their drop pods. Horus laughed as he saw them arrive, then the Night Lords appeared behind the drop site. Horus frowned, not a weapon was being fired at the heretics....no...it couldnt be...

His fears were realised when the second wave opened fire into the depleted Blood Angels and the decimated Emperor's children. The sound of that first volley of bolt rounds tore through his spirit. "This is Warmaster Horus requesting immediate emergency extraction" He voxed to the Vengeful Spirit in orbit.

"Thunderhawks deploying" A servitor replied "Expect extraction within three minutes"

"Confirmed" Horus replied "Luna Wolves fall back to the indicated extraction zone!" Horus lit up a small hill about half a mile away on his HUD and sent it to his Sons...

The Blood Angels and Emperors Children had formed into a fighting circle, all of them were covered from head to foot in blood and gore so much so that noone could tell which legion was which. Saul Tarvitz had gone with Fulgrim's body aboard the Firebird and left command of the Legion to Lucious while Sanguinius had ordered a fighting retreat towards Horus's position. As the ThunderHawks landed and the first Luna Wolves climbed aboard the Blooad Angels and Emperors Children broke through and joined with them.

Under a sustained covering orbital bombardment the survivors quickly extracted untill only Horus and Sanguinius were left cutting down all who made it through the bombardmant.

"Last transport brother" Sanguinius cried his once noble features marred by greif, blood and horror. Horus nodded and they both turned and sprinted into the waiting ship. Sanguinius sagged against the assault ramp finally leting his will slip enough for him to pass out from his wounds. Horus looked out of the side window seeing a battlefield covered in fallen Astartes, thousands of his Sons had fallen down there, including 'Little Horus' Aximand of his mournvial.
But for now it was over, they would strike again but not today...someday.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am loving this. + rep

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After the Isstvan massacre Horus was a changed man, no longer the brave and noble leader his grief broke his spirit and that of his legion who renamed themselves The Unforgiven ( :shok: ) by Horus who held his lack of vigilence the reason that this heresy had happened and so blamed himself.
Sanguinius, while recovering from his horrific wounds, was given Horus's previous rank of Warmaster and recalled all available Imperial Force's.

On the other side of the board however Curze had already dispatched Leman Russ and his Wulfen Legion to Prospero while the White Scars moved on Caliban. Due to favorable warp tides Russ and his beasts arrived quickly on prospero and instantly deployed by drop pod. Magnus however was not ignorant to the coming of the Wolves of Fenrisand had prepared acordingly, by communing with The Emperor, Magnus had managed to briefly open a gateway to the Imperial Palace and so when the Wolves landed the were not just met by the Thousand Sons but a contingent of one thousand Adeptus Custodes and Sisters of Silence.

Unprepared for this Russ hesitated momenterily untill, with a crack of lightning, Magnus the Red strode to the front of his Sons. Russ howled loud enough for several unhelmeted Sisters to sink to their knees as eardrums burst, before charging recklessly straight for Magnus heedless of the hellish gunfire. The psychic might of the Thousand Sons errupte consuming hundreds of beasts although nor as many as should have fallen, all of those who ran with Russ seemed impervious to psychic power. When the charge hit home dozens of Thousand Sons fell to their knees screaming as the chosen champions of Khorne sent their power back upon themselves, and all the while Russ and Magnus strived to meet.....

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Atop a rocky outcrop, with a huge crack of lightning Magnus and Russ charged together while below them their champions Azhek Ahriman and Bjorn the Fell-Handed. Around them the ferocity of the Wolves of Khorne was gaining them the upper hand. The barrage of psychic powers and gunfire had brought down hundreds of them but thousands more had reached the line of the Thousand Sons. The fury of khorne however also revealed champions among the loyalists.

Sergeant Tak'renor of the third company rallied the line when it threatened to break, diving into combat with his power axe and single handedly threw back the charging Wolves for long enough for the line to reform.
Captain Phosis T'kar of the Second fellowship combined his might with Captain Hathor Maat of the third and rent gaping holes in the traitors lines, crushing armour, boiling blood, tossing them into their fellows and knocking aside battle tanks without any effort at all, however drawing on this much psychic might quickly consumed them though even in death they hurled themselves close enough to the Wolves that the resulting explosion killed dozens more.

Even these brave acts could not hold back the tide of rage and the Loyalists were being slowly pushed back into a circle around their lord. Those closest to the Primarchs and their champions were so captured by the godlike combat that many dropped their weapons and fell to their knees in awe. Ahriman and Bjorn had both been smashed aside by the might of their lords and were both wounded with horrific wounds. Ahriman's left eye and hand were missing whereas Bjorn's right arm was mangled and his secondry heart burst.
The Primarchs themselves struck each other with thunderous blows, Magnus's breastplate was cracked down the middle and Russ was pouring blood from a cut on his left leg. Russ and Magnus pounded on each other for what seemed like an age untill suddenly Magnus ducked under Russ's guard and placed his hand on the Wolf Kings breastplate, all of Magnus's psychic might was channelled into his palm at that point exploding with the force of a supernova but all on the fallen primarchs body. Even the protection of Khorne could not save Russ entirely and his armour weapons and flesh were flayed off of his body as he was sent flying over his warriors screaming in unimagineable agony as his mind collapsed with an overload of psychic power.

Magnus on the other hand stood tall for a moment more before collapsing to the ground utterly spent.

With the loss of their lord the Wolves paused, the Thousand Sons and Custodes used that time to reform and speared through the traitors rnaks like a knife through butter. The Wolves broke retreating back to their ships and fleeing the battle carrying the still burning and screaming form of Leman Russ with them.

·
Registered
430 Posts
The "heresy generator" is http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63095. The thread has quite a few other alternate Heresies. It's worth noting that it's somewhat biased, ie Jaghatai Khan becomes the Arch-Betrayer much rarer than Horus.
As for the story: interesting, and Lorgar w/ Fulgrim... the Emperor's Children stay loyalist, though. It can't be the Warp or they would go insane. Somehow I'm sure that their role is not over not only in the galaxy, but in this Heresy too. They'll show up around the Siege of Terra, maybe?
/speculation

And the fate of Russ reminds me of the fate of Horus in canon. This is a good thing. I wonder what the final duel will be like, whoever participates.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
The "heresy generator" is http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63095. The thread has quite a few other alternate Heresies. It's worth noting that it's somewhat biased, ie Jaghatai Khan becomes the Arch-Betrayer much rarer than Horus.
As for the story: interesting, and Lorgar w/ Fulgrim... the Emperor's Children stay loyalist, though. It can't be the Warp or they would go insane. Somehow I'm sure that their role is not over not only in the galaxy, but in this Heresy too. They'll show up around the Siege of Terra, maybe?
/speculation

And the fate of Russ reminds me of the fate of Horus in canon. This is a good thing. I wonder what the final duel will be like, whoever participates.

Russ isn't dead. He's been psychically shredded and driven insane along with having his skin flayed off of his body. Think of what Khorne did to Skarbrand but with Magnus and Russ instead. So now the once great Wolf King is in unimaginable agony for the rest of his life and is utterly insane, he knows nothing other than rage and pain.

The Lorgar and Fulgrim bit....what does it mean?

·
Registered
430 Posts
SPOILERS

Lorgar is taken...I didnt say dead :) *Laughs evilly*
was what I meant about Lorgar & Fulgrim.
I knew Russ was alive- I don't remember what I meant to say about his fate, but it wasn't what I ended up saying.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Lorgar may not be dead however Fulgrim is D-E-D Dead as a doorknob as are all of the other Astartes that died there, Lorgar was the only survivor.....kind of....

Next installment will be either later today or in the next few days.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry... it wasn't clear.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.