642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
310 1 Daemon Prince Wings, MoS, Lash
1 Daemon Prince Wings, MoS, Lash

300 2 Oblits
2 Oblits

355 5x Plague Marines (2x Meltaguns)
in a Land Raider (dedicated)

266 7x Plague Marines (Champ with combi-melta and Power Fist, 2x Meltaguns)
in a Rhino (dedicated)
in a Rhino (dedicated)

My other slide change is taking out the combi-meltas and adding one PM to the LR unit. This would give me a little more stay power with that unit. The thing is whoever assaults that unit already has to cut through the LR. So will one more guy really be that useful?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think the extra marine is more important than the two superfluous combi meltas; however, I recommended you get daemonic possession on the land raider.

·
Registered
496 Posts
310 1 Daemon Prince Wings, MoS, Lash
1 Daemon Prince Wings, MoS, Lash

300 2 Oblits
2 Oblits

355 5x Plague Marines (2x Meltaguns)
in a Land Raider (dedicated)

in a Rhino (dedicated)
in a Rhino (dedicated)

My other slide change is taking out the combi-meltas and adding one PM to the LR unit. This would give me a little more stay power with that unit. The thing is whoever assaults that unit already has to cut through the LR. So will one more guy really be that useful?
ok my only question,
do you want to be playing these people more then once o.o?

also i would run KB's in the LR just because otherwise the LR seems wasted

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
And your also not filling the land raider up... which kind of makes it pointless. More or less.

And as flame says, not much point putting PM's in the raider, your better off with KB's

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
not unless he wants an uber pain in the ass scoring unit.

that's about all it will do, so yeah, the LR is not being used to it's full potential.

i would strip one PM squad of its rhino and Champ upgrades, equip it with plasma to stay at home, and use all the points to add more PMs in the LR.

and whilst i know it's not a popular tactic i would run one DP and add a Khornate Lord with a Daemon Weapon to the LR unit, just for giggles.

good hunting.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do want it to be a really amazing scoring unit. With the LR armor it will be really hard to break through unless the opponent concentrates all there fire on it for one whole turn. Pretty much this can run to an objective and camp there and just wait for someone to try and break it. I figure I will keep a DP behind the LR using it for cover and if something bad gets close I can just throw it far away. Even if the LR gets popped then you have the PM that come out. I was thinking about just using a rhino and adding more guys maybe a small squad to stay and camp a really close objective but I did it this way for two reasons. One I don't have a third rhino and two the LR will get priority from the opponent's guns. Since the LR has so much more armor then a rhino, it will last longer, getting me closer to the end while I keep camping the objectives with my other squads.

·
Registered
496 Posts
yes i see what you mean, all im saying is because the LR will be getting in close, if you have a decent squad of Khorne Berserkers in it they will be able to wipe out squads and stop your enemy form contesting (remember if your going to run a skull champ GET A POWERFIST on him dont even bother taking him if your not going to)

·
Registered
941 Posts
when you have 4 oblitz and an vindi / predator lash give you another turn to shoot the ^$*& out of 'em!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Defiantly agree, the champ with the powerfist in the KB's is a must.

I personalty like the idea of PM's in the LR but keep in mind that Lash wont work on units in vehicles who are contesting with the LR's objective point. With that in mind, PM's would work quite well in the LR to get out and pop the transport open with the meltaguns THEN the DP could lash them off the objective in the same turn.
Not a bad idea at all :grin:

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
155 1 Daemon Prince Wings, MoS, Lash
155 1 Daemon Prince Wings, MoS, Lash

150 2 Oblits
150 2 Oblits

375 5x Plague Marines (2x Meltaguns)
in a Land Raider with DP (dedicated)

256 7x Plague Marines (Champ with Power Fist, 2x Meltaguns)
in a Rhino (dedicated)
256 7x Plague Marines (Champ with Power Fist, 2x Meltaguns)
in a Rhino (dedicated)

Okay this what the list is now. This is not a fun list this is for tournaments so I doubt I will be playing the same people much. I would also like to hear any problems this list has. Are there any things I really need to look out for other then AP 1 and 2.

·
Registered
941 Posts
good list, it may not be fun to play, but it will win! if you want to spice things up, try a vindicator or more oblitz, then when you shoot them to pieces you can laugh at the same time!:laugh:

edit: you probably only need one lash prince, give the other doombolt for extra firepower!

·
4,491 Posts
The idea of PM's in a LR isnt too bad, but the lack of fire points (not to mention the cost) can be quite a downfall.

Personally, seeing as you are running Dual Lash, i would consider dropping the LR to make the unit a cookie-cutter of your other 2 in Rhino's, and use the points left over for 2 more Oblits.
You need as many blasts as you can fit in the list.

I feel that in 5th ed people are focusing too much on defense to hold objectives.
As they say, the best defense is a good offense.
The more you can kill, the less objectives your opponent is going to hold, and the less chance they are going to contest yours.
As far as CSM's go, as long as you have 3 solid troop choices in Rhino's in 1500 points, then you shouldnt have too much trouble with objectives.
The rest of your points should be dedicated to being able to kill as much as possible.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I changed the LR into another cookie cutter troop unit like the others I would only have enough points for one more Oblit leaving me with 47 more points. I just don't know what I would spend the last 47 points on. I mean even if I added combi-meltas to the Champs I still have points left over. About the best thing I could do is maybe get two more PM for one Rhino and make it a little better objective holder.

·
4,491 Posts
Daemon Prince
- Wings
- Mark of Slaanesh
- Lash of Submission
155 points

Daemon Prince
- Wings
- Mark of Slaanesh
- Lash of Submission
155 points

6 Plaguemarines
- Champ with Powerfist
- 2 Meltaguns
- Rhino
233 points

7 Plaguemarines
- Champ with Powerfist
- 2 Meltaguns
- Rhino
256 points

7 Berzerkers
- Champ with Powerfist
- Rhino with EA
237 points

2 Obliterators
150 points

2 Obliterators
150 points

2 Obliterators
150 points

1486 points

You can fit 6 Oblits easy. Its just a matter of tweaking your Troops to get the points close to 1500. Take a model out of one unit, add models to a different unit, consider combi-weapons etc, eventually you will find something close.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Daemon Prince
- Wings
- Mark of Slaanesh
- Lash of Submission
155 points

Daemon Prince
- Wings
- Mark of Slaanesh
- Lash of Submission
155 points

7 Plaguemarines
- Champ with Powerfist
- 2 Meltaguns
- Rhino
256 points

7 Plaguemarines
- Champ with Powerfist
- 2 Meltaguns
- Rhino
256 points

7 Plaguemarines
- Champ with Powerfist
- 2 Meltaguns
- Rhino
256 points

7 Plaguemarines
- Champ with Powerfist
- 2 Meltaguns
- Havoc Launcher
- Rhino
271 points

2 Obliterators
150 points

What about this type of an army. Maybe Deep Strike the Obliterators and Lash some enemy units together and twin-linked flamer them with the Obliterator that drops in.

·
4,491 Posts
To be honest, i dont feel it makes the most of the Lash ability.
The army would benefit more from a Nurgle prince with Wings and Warptime.
Not only would it be more effective, but it would be fluffy too (all Death Guard).
To make the most of Lash, you really need to use blast template spam.

Daemon Prince
- Wings
- Mark of Nurgle
- Warptime
175 points

7 Plaguemarines
- Champ with Powerfist
- 2 Meltaguns
- Rhino
256 points

7 Plaguemarines
- Champ with Powerfist
- 2 Meltaguns
- Rhino
256 points

7 Plaguemarines
- Champ with Powerfist
- 2 Meltaguns
- Rhino
256 points

7 Plaguemarines
- Champ with Powerfist
- 2 Meltaguns
- Rhino
256 points

2 Obliterators
150 points

2 Obliterators
150 points

1499 points

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The great thing about Lash though is you can just move the enemy around. If they are camping an objective and they went first then you can take your troop up next to the objective and then Lash the enemy away from it making it so you are holding the objective.

·
4,491 Posts
Assuming your DP is still alive, yes.
Assuming you have second turn, yes.
Assuming you are playing objectives, yes.
Alternatively, you can charge them and kill them instead. If you dont kill them, then they will fall back off the objective anyway.
Using Lash with objectives in mind is all well and good, but you are sinking a lot of points into an ability thats being used purely for objectives. Points that can be used to kill the opponent instead of just moving them.

In the end, i guess its up to you what you run and how you want to run it. I just feel like Lash is better when it compliments a variety of strategies (charges, objectives, denial, group hugs under blasts, etc), rather than just one aspect, which the 1 has a lot of if's (IF the DP lives 5 turns, IF you are playing objectives, IF you have second turn).
Its a big investment (over 20% of your army) on if's.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts