Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all - just some basic info, ive got a PC laptop that uses vista, has norton antivirus & itunes isnt working - read rest for details.

im not sure what is going on with my computer but for my main multimedia player (itunes) cannot connect to its store this has been going on for about 2-3 weeks by now - latest podcast thats been updated was the week of May 9th. which means no new music that i HAVE to buy if i cant find else where; nor can i update my podcasts (which are about 40k)

ive read on the net that the connection may be due to my firewall/antivirus thing (norton - yes ive heard how terrible norton is, ive still got a subscription for 250ish days)

nonetheless ive uninstalled then reinstalled itunes (reinstalling an older update - since the itunes download on apple.com is a 32bit download & i require a 64bit & ive downloaded the 32bit 5 times expecting a different result) but this hasnt solved the problem.

ive attempted to change the settings on my norton to allow itunes to avoid the firewall thing (again i dont really know what im doing) so ive prolly done nothing for the end result of this idea.

im pissed that this is a problem & i want it to go away - so if any1 has any idea on what to do PLEASE HELP ME!

thanks in advance - fallen

·
Señor Member
563 Posts
Close Norton anti-virus or turn it all off, then try? I'd imagine if it's not iTunes that's the problem then it's Norton, so try turning it off instead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts