Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could a cannon ball be aimed so that with the bounce its going to sial over a hill and hit someone hiding behind? The rulebook is a wee bit vague.

·
Registered
182 Posts
This would be a house rule for your group to discuss. We play anything taller than a normal model stops the ball and damage is determined.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Page 87 of the rulebook states "Pivot the cannon on the spot so that it is pointing in the direction of the model it is going to fire against. Declare which ememy model is going to be the target (remember, the target has to be visible from the machine itself)"

So i don't think we will be seeing the shot through the 14" forest again :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
very true but when there aiming to clip a unit in front somewhere that its not likely to hit due to "over guessing"

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
just accidentially on purpose over guess i've done a number of times

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
in my club we try not to break any of the laws of physics during a game trees and hills stop a cannonball in real life so it stands to reason that it wouldnt work in a game

·
Registered
84 Posts
makes sense!

In that case if you are firing at a unit in front of a hill, if it overshoots would it hit a unit on top of the hill?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
yes cause the initial cannon shot if over shot would normaly be higher otherwise it would just hit every thing in its path its only the bounce that causes wounds

1 - 10 of 10 Posts