Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anywhere in Europe that one can walk in and buy Forgeworld models? Or are they only on the internet? Having never been over there I don't know, but I do have some friends(None of which are into 40k) But if they were close to one might work out to my advantage.

But I can't ask her to just go to the Warhammer store because she'll have NO idea what I'm talking about so I'm hoping if it is possible you guys might have some address's or something like that.

·
Registered
87 Posts
im pretty sure you cant, but they do have days where they bring stock etc that you can buy off of them. these days are usually games days etc

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Warhammer World in Nottingham, UK: I walked in on Friday and bought a Scythed Hierodule off the shelf. They have pretty much all of it there, and have a direct order system there for anything they don't. Saved a big postage charge.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
I wonder if there`s a place like that in Oz? Doubt it would help the price but it would be convenient. Waiting for my Heirodule and Gauss Pylon was unbearable. At least I was prepared for the wait with the flying hive tyrant, but to be able to buy that stuff off a shelf would be fantastic. If only...:(

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
you can pick it up in England, but I don't know anywhere in europe (I'll never accept that England is part of europe), apart from games days in european countries.

but even if you collect it in store you still get charged UK based postage for some reason

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
@Serpion5: Nope. Outside of the few FW pieces they ever trotted out in the oz games days. You want FW here, either order it online, or make a trip to "the Reichstag" (as the local taxi-drivers know it) and get it in person.

GW stores used to let you order it for delivery to them, but I don't know if they still do.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Warhammer World in Nottingham, UK: I walked in on Friday and bought a Scythed Hierodule off the shelf. They have pretty much all of it there, and have a direct order system there for anything they don't. Saved a big postage charge.
thats actually amazing, might have to pop to nottingham

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
The bar board game is back in stock as well now (Bugman's). It was quite a fun little place, with a good beer and ale selection.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I wonder if there`s a place like that in Oz? Doubt it would help the price but it would be convenient. Waiting for my Heirodule and Gauss Pylon was unbearable. At least I was prepared for the wait with the flying hive tyrant, but to be able to buy that stuff off a shelf would be fantastic. If only...:(
You could ask at your local FLGS as some of them do a 'bulk' order for FW stuff..they wait until they have reached the 250 pounds mark to save on
p & h and put the order in on-line, then you just wait for it to arrive.

You would need to trust them however before going that route.

Even if it was available from a local GW I doubt they would have a huge range, probably just 'generic' stuff and mainly for SM I reckon.

·
Registered
795 Posts
my FLGS doesn't order FW models, hell infact they only bulk buy the regular stuff from GW. All three GW stores I have attended all say they don't order FW models (eventhough they had some displayed in their cases, bastards). So unfortunately my route for FW is online and a long wait (dammit!).

Has anyone in Aussieland been to the HQ in Ingleburn?

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
How I wish I was near nottingham. I've always thought that GW stores should be able to get FW product but thats a fools dream. They struggle to even get gw direct products now.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I remember going to Warhammer World (this would be about 8-9 years ago now) and being able to buy specific model sprues and the specific models you want that you'd usually have to buy an entire box set to get access to...can you still do that?
Sadly no, you in fact used to be able to do this by mail order and even from your local GW, but gone are the days of cool converting which doesn't cost the world. In all honesty its mostly due to the move to plastic as there are less and less metal parts which people would want for conversions.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Im almost glad they dont sell FW stuff at my FLGS. If they did, i wouldnt ever have any money. It would be awesome though. They do order specific things if enough people ask in my store in Burlington VT in the US for any one else in the area (although im pretty sure we have a grand total of about 10 people that are into the hobby in the whole state).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts