Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This sounds interesting to me. Can a unit that is falling back embark on a transport? Assuming of course that they all get within 2" of an access point while falling back in the movement phase. Not that this wouldn't happen to often anyway but, is this possible? If so would they regroup, or would they just run out of the transport next turn?

·
Registered
564 Posts
hmmm, interseting one.

the rules for the transport say you only need to move within 2", though the falling back rules say that you must move around the obstacle (which you can still do and be within 2"). i can't think of any reason off hand why this wouldn't be allowed, but i am without the rulebook at present.

remember though that the unit falling back must move the maximum distance rolled, so they have to finish their move within 2". plus this couldn't happen the same turn they break as they would fall back in the shooting or combat phase but you have to embark in the movement phase

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am generally talking about units that are falling back and can't regroup. I just thought it might be a creative way of keeping some guys alive and not losing full VP, and possibly moving them around and firing their guns (especially if they have things like plasma guns or melta guns).

·
Registered
150 Posts
No, I don't believe you can, because if your unit is falling back and can't regroup then every turn they have to fall back there maximum distance, the way I see it even if you did embark into a vehicle, next turn you would either have to get out and continue falling back or the vehicle would fall back. In that case your may lose you vehicle too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
It specifically states in the rulebook that you cannot fall back into a vehicle. Look under falling back and vehicle embark/disembark sections.
You need to make your ldsrshp roll to regroup 1rst. then of course you can get back into your vehicle on your next move. Of course it has to be the vehicle that is the dedicated transport for said sqd.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It specifically states in the rulebook that you cannot fall back into a vehicle. Look under falling back and vehicle embark/disembark sections.
You need to make your ldsrshp roll to regroup 1rst. then of course you can get back into your vehicle on your next move. Of course it has to be the vehicle that is the dedicated transport for said sqd.
There is nowhere in the book where it says "you can not fall back into a vehicle." Embarking rules state and I quote strait from the book "A unit can embark onto a vehicle by moving each model to within 2" of its access points in the Movement phase. The whole unit must be able to embark or none of them can. If some models are out of range, their compatriots will have to wait until they can all embark together." This can be accomplished by a unit that is falling back. Even if you have to move the vehicle to just the right spot it can be done. There is nowhere that says a unit falling back can't go into a transport.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts