Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, can they? If so, they can potentially move 30 inches, correct? (12 + 6 + 6 + 6 on assault) Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
They have legs? then they can run. Only modals that do not legs or have a special rule saying they can't run, can't run(man i worded that badly)

·
Registered
436 Posts
Storm boyz can indeed run, but your maximum movement is incorrect.

Its actually a 12" move, +d6" bonus, + either a d6" run or a 6" assault.

Now before everyone screams Waagh at me, The Ork FAQ, page 1, 1st sentence removes Waagh from storm boyz. They do not become fleet. (Techniclly they were never allowed to Waaagh, because on Unit Type Infantry benefit from the bonus fleet power, and Jump Infantry are a different unit type)
Thus they cannot run and assault in the same turn, ever.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Why is it a 6" move? They are jump infantry, and nothing in the Ork codex states they move less than 12. In fact they actually move 12 + D6 every round of movement, which is why they got rid of the Waaagh for them, because 12 + D6 + D6 + 6 for assault moves during the Waaagh phase would be broken.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Storm boyz can indeed run, but your maximum movement is incorrect.

Its actually a 6" move, +d6" bonus, + either a d6" run or a 6" assault.
You missed the jump pack movement inches.

Why is it a 6" move? They are jump infantry, and nothing in the Ork codex states they move less than 12. In fact they actually move 12 + D6 every round of movement, which is why they got rid of the Waaagh for them, because 12 + D6 + D6 + 6 for assault moves during the Waaagh phase would be broken.
Jump infantry do not have to use jump packs every turn, it is an optional movement choice. You can move on foot or by jump pack.

Storm boys can move as follows:

6 inches on foot in the movement phase.

12+D6 inches if they jump in the movement phase.

They can run D6 in the shooting phase but then cannot assault in the assault phase.

6 inches in the assault phase.

So, the most you can move is: 18 inches in the movement phase, run up to 6 inches OR assault up to 6 inches for a total 24 inches in one turn.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Well, can they? If so, they can potentially move 30 inches, correct? (12 + 6 + 6 + 6 on assault) Thanks for your help!
The answer is "kind of". Rokkit packs allow a 12" move + d6" for Rokkits, potentially 18, +d6 for Running, potentially 24. However, not being fleet they cannot assault after this. The only time they CAN is if a WAAAAUGH! has been called, when the unit gains fleet for that turn. THEN your scenario is valid.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The answer is "kind of". Rokkit packs allow a 12" move + d6" for Rokkits, potentially 18, +d6 for Running, potentially 24. However, not being fleet they cannot assault after this. The only time they CAN is if a WAAAAUGH! has been called, when the unit gains fleet for that turn. THEN your scenario is valid.
Ummmm, Scott, you might want to read the 5th post and then take a gander at the ork FAQ..........................

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Hey, haven't read the ork faq in a while, since I don't play orks in the rota right now, so I errored, give me a break :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, so 24" is it, but if they run they cannot assault. Sounds good to me.

That being said, I thought it was if they run they can't shoot. But if they run they can't shoot or assault?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts