Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously can any one claim that he is not?

Crazy stat line, crazy buffs, crazy wargear, dirt cheap, list goes on and on.

Throw this gun In your standard squad and auto win, I won't even go into the rest of the new dex.

I might ba a bit pissed, but here is what just happened:

Kharn with 8 bezerkers, I manged to go first and focused fire and brought in down to kharn and 5 body guards:

He proceeds to kill In combat the following,

Gets Assaulted by 12 hormagaunts with poison, killed them all. (Through cover)

Assaults a malock at full strength, killed him.

Gets assaulted by 15 termagaunts and gets locked into combat, then gets aasulted by hive tyrant at full power, kills both units

Aasults 2 zoanes and kills them,

Assaults 11 termagaunts and kills them

Gets assaulted by a tervagon with 4w left and wins.

All this while surviving all overwatch and incomming fire when not in combat finished the game with one wound left and one body guard left.

This is fucking bull shit, 160 points of bulk shit. What's his down side he might take out a model or two in his squad, so that is no big deal, fuck he could kill his entire squad and still be worth it, fuck he could be 300 points and still be worth it, fuck I have lost 9 games in a row and been tabled 7 times by the.same guy now. Ahhhh I hate this game lol jk.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I guess because 1 Multi Melta/Melta/Lascannon etc Shot and he is dead ?

Yeh he's a CC animal but he's pretty easily countered by avoiding CC with him and just shooting him.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
I think he is t5
He's not, Kharn is only toughness 4.

no one runs a ic,hq,warlord alone and not in a squad,
Well if he isn't alone then he better be with a squad:biggrin:

Shoot out all that power amour, then get to him and take off all his wounds, then he jumps into another squad with new body guards.
Then if shooting won't work then turn his biggest strength into a weakness, challenge him with a unit that has a lash whip and bone sword.

Kharn is a terrible enemy to fight in close combat; without that charge your facing off against five strength six attacks (seven at strength seven if he charges) that go through everything that isn't an invulnerable save.

He has the champion of chaos rule, meaning he cannot refuse a challenge. And hitting him with a lash whip takes away his character level initiative, while the bonesword lets you ignore his armour. With no invulnerable save to speak of, every wound counts.

A hive tyrant should be able to kill him with the charge, and stands a good chance of killing him if he gets the charge (remember you can issue a challenge in his turn if he does not issue it to you.)

Something to keep note of when you fight Kharn in close combat: every failed to hit of 1 hits his allies. Thats one of his rules and is the risk you take when giving him any bodyguard.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Even better, he must issue a challenge. There is no way around it unless the squad he is in has a champion to take the challenge for him.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well if he isn't alone then he better be with a squad:biggrin:
We are talking about Kharn. I don't think he is ever alone.

As has been said, shoot him. If that fails, bring a big nasty or a swarm of small nasties. If a certain set of tactics keep failing, change them.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AS you can see from above he took out 7 (including 3 MC's) units on fine with only 5 body guards. Also, i think my buddy might have fucked me over a little with the rules as well. Like he didn't tell me that he had to auto challenge my tyrant and when i assaulted him with my hormagauts when we both were in the forest he waited until i made the move to remind me that i was assaulting though cover and would go at I-1. Also my Tyrant with L-W bone-sword didn't do any damage against him.

Last game he demolished my Eldar as well, as detailed in my bat rep.

I guess the real problem is that he is the only player in town and i have lost 9 times out of 10 and i am just getting sick of the game, losing is not so bad, but getting table constantly and having one fucking squad of power armor infantry wipe out 1000s of point is hard to sit there and watch.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Like he didn't tell me that he had to auto challenge my tyrant and when i assaulted him with my hormagauts when we both were in the forest he waited until i made the move to remind me that i was assaulting though cover and would go at I-1.
and

he is the only player in town
It's time to learn his codex, buddy. Know his army better than him and you will have a much better chance to win.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
This is true, the worst thing is he has a ton of models and in 10 games he has had 10 total different armies: Bikers, Armor, Infantry heavy, flyers, Terminators, Berserkers, Nurgle, daemons, lol its been hard for me to build around it all. What i need is more models and some luck as well, EX; in two rounds of combat on two charges with my tyrant i rolled a total of 6 ones to wound lol.

Don't do that again. :angry:

-DK

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Ok, but he can not be insta killed by a force weapon.
true, good thing that boneswords are not force weapons. (although it has been forever that i have played with my nids). It just says that the character takes a LD check and if he fails is ID'd.

edit: so basically your bitching about a T4 non EW character with a 3+/5++, either send in some LW&BS warriors to his unit and watch him cry, or just shoot the hell out of him.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
AS you can see from above he took out 7 (including 3 MC's) units on fine with only 5 body guards.
Of the seven units Kharn and his buddies took care of, the first unit charged them in cover.

They then charge a mawloc, something that should be expected to die when charged by a dedicated close combat unit like that. Yeah it has a lot of wounds, but low attacks, low weapon skill, and moderate initiative do not mean it can take the likes of them on, not when they are led by a unit champion or Kharn.

The gaunts are little more than a speedbump, the tervigon (low the mawloc) has no right assaulting that unit.

Of all seven units that got charged or charged, only the hive tyrant had any chance to decimate those six models and it either sounds like some bad rolling came your way, or your friend pulled a big one over on you.

Speaking of which:
Also, i think my buddy might have fucked me over a little with the rules as well. Like he didn't tell me that he had to auto challenge my tyrant
Its the champion of chaos rule that their unit champions and leaders all have. Where other characters and leaders have the option of picking and choosing those fights, chaos do not; and sometimes this can lead to a bad situation for the chaos player.

Additionally, it seems like your friend may not have been playing the betrayer rule at all; either that or he had some very good rolls.

In each of those combats he should have been getting one or two 1's, whittling his own unit down until it was just him. Next time you go up against Kharn and a bodyguard keep an eye out for Kharn's 1's to hit; if he has been ignoring that rule and suddenly has to start playing it, you may be surprised how much less threatening Kharn and his unit suddenly become.

and when i assaulted him with my hormagauts when we both were in the forest he waited until i made the move to remind me that i was assaulting though cover and would go at I-1.
Thats rather bad form from your opponent, serving to make him out as a bit of a dick.

Also my Tyrant with L-W bone-sword didn't do any damage against him.
That has to be bad rolling, and any remaining gaunts that attacked Kharn did nothing as well?

How was your tyrant armed?

in two rounds of combat on two charges with my tyrant i rolled a total of 6 ones to wound lol.
Sounds like your tyrant should invest in old adversary. Hello re-rolling 1's.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I should invest in old adversary if it will allow me to re roll ones cause I always roll horribly with him. I think that if I roll better with my tyrant in a challenge I could take him.

I'm not saying he can not be killed I'm saying at 160 points, is two cheap for the power house he is.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I'm not saying he can not be killed I'm saying at 160 points, is two cheap for the power house he is.
I believe most of the internet is saying he priced just about right given his glaring weaknesses.

Unfortunately, you play Nids...and the nids got no love with their last codex...I shudder to think of how you would deal with a Lysander.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
I should invest in old adversary if it will allow me to re roll ones cause I always roll horribly with him. I think that if I roll better with my tyrant in a challenge I could take him.
A lash whip/bone sword tyrant with old adversary should be pretty good for killing Kharn. He strikes last, runs the risk of instant death, and you reroll failed 1's in hitting and wounding.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
how exactly would Kharn's "Betrayer" rule with the USR "Hatred". assuming that Kharn and buddies killed each MC in 1 round of combat then there could be a chance that kharn doesn't kill friends.

that being said i haven't run kharn with the new codex, so i am not all that up-to-date with his rules.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Hatred allows you to re-roll all misses.

Betrayer means any rolls of a 1 are an auto hit on a friendly so that means the aren't misses and wouldn't be re-rolled due to Hatred.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts