Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Can SM still use Grey Knight allies?

3K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  don_mondo 
#1 ·
It says so in the Daemonhunters codex, i was just wondering if its still allowed.

#2 ·
Yes.

The .pdf Codices do not supersede or replace the dead tree versions. Says so right on the website.

#4 · (Edited)
There is only one "allies info" rule. 0-1 HQ, Elite, Fast Attack, Troops. No Heavy Support. The rest is all in the .pdf. IG and all kinds of SM can take any of the units in the Codex Daemonhunters that fit the description. Note that dedicated transports and wargear use the listed cost in the Codex Daemonhunters, not your own codex.

#5 ·
OK ... I do not have the dead tree codex but I did DL the pdf ... I could find no info about allies in BA or SM codex. I have to assume that the allies info is in the DH codex (dead tree version) as everyone has said that is is absent in the pdf version. If you have the actual codex that you had to pay for and it has this rule then... you can use allies. If you are using the pdf version ... no allies for you.

#6 ·
The alliesrules are really simple if you are going to be adding =I= forces to an existing SM army:

0-1 HQ
0-1 Elites
0-2 Troop
0-1 Fast Attack

You must already have the minimum choices from the parent codex (1 HQ & 2 Troop, assuming standard missions from the BRB)

Inducting SM/IG troops into an Inquisition force, however, is much more difficult (especially IG, since many of the units you used to be able to take no longer exist) - that really does require the dead tree version of the rules.

As an aside, GW said that the paper book is still perfectly valid, but they also say that you MUST use the PDF versions (without inducted units) of the =I= codices for Throne of Skulls.

#10 ·
As stated earlier in the thread, the rules for allies are in the paper version (dead tree version) of the demon hunters codex. GW removed those rules from the downloadable version on their site.

#12 ·
Odd that, given that the GW guys running the US GT circuit, ie the tourneys eligible for Vegas golden tickets, said that the pdf did not supercede the printed codex. And said this before the statement was posted online. So I guess it depends on what tourneys you're going to................

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.