Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya. My nob bikers have 5+ invulnerable saves, but if they move through dangerous terrain and fail their check (taking a wound), do they get an invulnerable save? The reason I ask is that in the book it says no saves are allowed, but the rules haven't differentiated between types of saves by that point, and normally when invulnerable saves aren't allowed the rule in question specifically points says they aren't. Also, invulnerable saves are for when you don't get your normal saves.

Just wondering what the consensus was. (I know they get feel no pain, which isn't a save, vs. wounds from dangerous terrain. People may try to fight over that but that one's pretty clear.)

·
Registered
872 Posts
Definately not. It specifically says 'No saves allowed.' Invuln saves are allowed when the normal saves or cover saves are not, for example when a squad of space marines gets hit by, say, a plasma cannon. Their normal saves are not allowed, but invulns are. So basically, if it specifically says, 'No saves allowed,' that means 'No saves allowed.'

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Yep. If it says no saves then you get no saves. You've still got FNP, so it's not that bad. I'd go for it. 1 in 6 chance of getting a wound, 50/50 chance of ignoring it, and all the models are multi-wound so yeah...plough through that ruined building.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
You've still got FNP, so it's not that bad. I'd go for it. 1 in 6 chance of getting a wound, 50/50 chance of ignoring it, .
I thought you can't take the feel no pain roll if no saves are allowed?? I could be wrong but I'm fairly sure its right....

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
wait, nobs have feel no pain and are multi-wound? Thats awesome!!
Nobz are W2, and they can have a Painboy as an upgrade, which grants the whole unit FNP (Culler mentioned that he took that option)

Reevan: Only *Close Combat Attacks* that deny saves (or hits from anything that causes Instant Death) prevent Feel No Pain. A dangerous terrain test is not a close combat attack (neither is a failed perils of the warp check, in case you've got Mephiston ;-) ) therefore it does not deny you a Feel No Pain roll.

FNP is not a save.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
I know its not a save just coz in the rule it states that any save ignoring weapon also ignores fnp.... So any non attack wound( perils of the warp, terrain etc.) can be ignored by FNP??

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Any wound so long as it is not from a source that causes instant death (str double your toughness), or from a Close Combat Attack that ignores saves, can be ignored with Feel No Pain. This means Dangerous Terrain, Perils of the Warp, exploding transports, etc can all be ignored by FNP if your check succeeds

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Dont forget plasma guns overheating.

And an important to remember for Death Guard marines getting shot by Tzentch AP3 Bolter shells and Plasma guns... lotta people dont think about those for some reason..

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
No, he was saying that people forget that FNP can ignore plasma overheats, and that people often forget that just because it's AP2 doesn't mean they don't get a FNP check. You do get a FNP check against plasma (if you;re a marine or tougher), even if you don't get an armor save.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Ah so shooting wounds with no armour save that isn't inst. death don't rule out FNP but CC attacks that ignore armour do... I get it now... thanks:biggrin:

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
Yep, that's it exactly. Mephiston (T5) can take a meltagun to the face and shrug it off with a laugh and a giggle, but a railgun shot just leaves a smoking pair of boots.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Hahaha, thats a funny situational thought. CC weapons that ignor armor saves are all power weapons, rending weapons, and force weapons.

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
LOL, yeah. A Plague Marine can take a S7 plasma gun shot to the chest without issue, but a S3 IG officer can stick him with a power sword and drop him without a chance of salvation. It's a bit odd, but that's how it goes.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
That's cleared that up a lot thanks. I suppose the power weapon doesn't ignore it because the force field cuts straight through anything really, fluff wise....:biggrin:

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
That's the logic behind it, yeah. Can't ignore getting cut in half, smashed into paste, or atomized by an anti-tank round.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts