Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
They come in as if from Deep Strke Reserve, and units coming in from Deep Strike cannot assault the turn they arrive.

As another side note: Flying Monstrous Creatures must come in from reserve Swooping, so if you summon a Bloodthirster or Lord of Change, it can't assault the turn it comes in or your turn after it comes in, as it has to change flight modes that next turn so still can't assault.

·
Registered
773 Posts
As another side note: Flying Monstrous Creatures must come in from reserve Swooping, so if you summon a Bloodthirster or Lord of Change, it can't assault the turn it comes in or your turn after it comes in, as it has to change flight modes that next turn so still can't assault.
I would say when you summon it that as it is bursts out and possesses the flesh of the chosen victim that is isn't flying.
Equally that is where the throat punching rule comes in with the mighty words of "Stop being stupid".

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Equally that is where the throat punching rule comes in with the mighty words of "Stop being stupid".
Oh how I wish. The rulebook is pretty ironclad about DSing FMCs, though. So, RAW...

*shrugs helplessly*

I'd be fine playing casually and letting it not have to Swoop, but I'd have to agree with the player beforehand that it's a house rule. And... I'd likely only be bringing it up because I'm running a list with Malefic, so if they insist on being stupid, I'm not going to push them for sticking to RAW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts