Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody shed a bit of light on this please?

Playing a game at the moment. A group of cultists and Typhus have just won combat against a bunch of Hormagaunts. Can the cultists perform a sweeping advance even though Typhus can't due to his terminator armour?

Any help appreciated.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Huh. I always played/assumed that any Termi Armor in the unit prevents sweeping advances, period--but the wargear section's wording on page 68 says "Models in Terminator Armor... may not make Sweeping Advances."

So technically there's nothing from even letting you attach, say, Lucius to a squad of Termis and just making Sweeping Advance rolls on his behalf.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I finally bought the 7th ed rule book but it's still en route.

However several previous editions have all forbidden this. Check the rules under "sweeping advance."

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Check the rules under "sweeping advance."
Ah, there you are. BRB, pg. 53, "when a victorious unit contains one or more models that are not allowed to make a Sweeping Advance, the enemiy always manages to disengage safely."

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah cheers man. Can't believe I didn't see it. We ended up allowing the sweeping advance but now know for next time. Still, I miserably lost on points. Avoided being tabled with Ahriman left on 2 wounds. Pesky Nids! I'm struggling to beat them with CSM at the moment. 3 losses to them on the bounce. Think I'm mixing too much shooty and cc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts