Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title describes, I'm not sure on this. Can a Black Templar Army include a Daemon (or Witch) Hunter Inquisitor as an ally?

I understand that the BT HATE psychers, but come on, it's the Inquisition for Khorn sakes. I can't find my book but they have a rule that essentially says "No psychers allowed, but Greyknights are ok". So, I put it to you. Inquisitors, Yes or No?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
No rules stating that they can't.
Are they an Imperial force? Yes.

They can take DH or GK as allies just like any other SM army.

Fluffwise, if my BT army had the vow of "abhor the witch" (the rule, not the , I personally wouldn't take GK or =I= psyker allies.
Actually, under "Abhor the Witch" (the rule on P23, not the vow), it mentions that you can never take any allies with psychic powers, with the exception of Grey Knights. So that's a pretty big "ok" on that one.

For inquisitors though, they can't take psychic powers yeah.

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Two seperate rules: Abhor the Witch (Special Rules Pg 23 C:BT) and Abhor the witch, destroy the witch. (Vows Pg 25 C:BT);

Abhor the Witch;
No model with psychic powers may be fielded as an ally to the Black Templars and they will not fight as allies to any army that includes any models with psychic powers, with the exception of Grey Knights Space Marines
hope it helps + why did GW make two rules with similar names bound to create confusion?

Grish

EDIT: DAMN YOU MADDERMAX WITH YOUR NINJA SKILLS :ireful2:

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Inquisitors are Psykers regardless of whether they take Psychic Powers or not, so no, you may not take an Inquisitor in a Black Templar army.
Ah, but they can fight alongside psykers just fine, they just can't ally with anyone with psychic powers. An important difference :)

So Inquisitors are fine, as long as they don't have any powers.

EDIT: DAMN YOU MADDERMAX WITH YOUR NINJA SKILLS :ireful2:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Inquisitors are Psykers regardless of whether they take Psychic Powers or not, so no, you may not take an Inquisitor in a Black Templar army.
Except BT do not have a ban on psykers, they have a ban on models with psychic powers. Got powers, can't take them. No powers, take them just fine, even if they are classed as a psyker.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts

:giggle:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts