Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a space marine army have a baneblade???

·
Registered
304 Posts
technically yes as long as you can make up a decent reason for it to be accompning it (I believe few chapters ACTUALLY keep baneblades, I know a few have the other version) and make sure you point out that it is an IG baneblade and not a marine one

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
While the old legions kept Fellblades, as the Astartes were the main army of sorts of the Imperium, following the Heresy, the Space Marines became sort of a more typical special forces organization, and superheavy vehicles don't quite fit that bill. That being said, the First Founding chapters most likely have a few sitting around all the same.

Space Marines rarely go to war by themselves. There are usually either accompanying Imperial Guard regiments, an Inquisitor (who may or may not have his own private army...), or PDF forces on their back foot who need the aid of the Astartes. Any way you cut it, guardsmen are probably around, and where there are guardsmen, there are tanks. Where there are tanks, there's probably a baneblade somewhere, even if it's the regimental command tank or something.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You're not allowed to just mix and match, there has to be reason.
Marines can have anything IG can have, since Marines and IG can ally.
Coincidentally, Nids can have any vehicle they want because of genestealer cults.
Tau and Eldar are the only races I can think of that couldn't field a Baneblade.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well they could, you can always proclaim it as stolen technology. IMO, that's pushing the rules, but if you have a Tau / IG mix or Eldar / IG or SM, the you have reason to field one.

Chaos I would just say they stole it, looted it, kept it from the Heresy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Technically you can make your own models and your own rules for those models as long as they are agreed with by your opponent for the points cost.

I find it works well if your going to try anything like that then you make the rules together rather than just take a list and ask them to okay it, if your opponent is a power gamer though they tend not to like anything unexpected or that isn't going to be rubbish for you. I hate power gamers.

play the game ......... for the games sake.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Tau could have a Baneblade I think.

I would put it as Traitor Guard who believe in the 'Greater Good'.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Actually I saw a Baneblade in my local GW which was being converted to a Tau version and it was omg cool

·
Registered
258 Posts
And I think that you can have mix-and-match pick-n-mix armies IF you have a good reason. I might be doing
Space Marine
+
Tau
And maybe
+
Chaos

One sec... Chaos + Space Marine +Tau?!?!

OMG WTF BBQ
I think I let my imagination get the better of me there
But it might happen...

·
Registered
811 Posts
seriously, If a chapter master, or commander walked into the mechanicum on mars and requisitioned 3 baneblades for his company, I severely doubt that they would stop him.
heck, theyd probably give one to a techmarine too if he asked.

·
Registered
66 Posts
if u have a baneblade then can u have a marines colour scheme e.g ultramarines (my fave
chapter!)

·
Registered
66 Posts
"plz, sir can i have one of the imperiums biggest tanks for free, i promise i wont hurt anyone"

"no, stuff of im busy!!!!!"

·
Registered
226 Posts
a baneblade counts as a super tank you need permision from the other player to use it

huh this is apocalypse
whole point of apocalypse is that you can do stuff like having a banblade with out asking

ive got a scracth built baneblade for my eldar

·
Registered
450 Posts
tau can pretty much have anything, the rebel soldiers just think the greater good sounds like a great idea! 'cept for 'crons and 'nids, but hey, you could still include them:
the 'crons are just experimental battlesuits and tanks etc, with the wraiths being experimental translocater tech or something (or a computer virus took over the necrons). it u look in the Houserules and Homebrews are i've got rules for translocaters. and 'nids are just alien races joining the greater good and happen to be big and strong, just like 'nids (but not nid's they're just physically the same). Chaos... hmmm, maybe they are just chaos tau, and the entire army has been corrupted by chaos. so yay, tau can have pretty much what they want!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts