Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm new to this forum but I need help constructing a Chaos army that can play planetstrike and normal 40K in a small campaign against 3 mates. One is using chaos and the other two are using Guard.

Since planetstrike and 2/3 of normal games are objective based, I thought I'd go twin lash and try to get the second turn so I can nudge their units off objectives late-game.

Here is my initial edited attempt:

HQ:

Daemon Prince
wings
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Slaanesh
155 points

Daemon Prince
wings
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Slaanesh
155 points

Elites:

3 Terminators (Termicide)
3 Power fists
3Combi meltas
135 points

3 Teminators (Termicide)
3 Power fists
2 Combi meltas
Heavy flamer
135 points

Troops:

10 Chaos Space Marines
Aspiring Champion
(Power fist)
2 Meltaguns

Dedicated rhino transport
Extra armour
Twin linked bolter
265 points

10 Chaos Space Marines
Aspiring Champion
(Power fist)
2 Melta guns

Extra armour
Twin linked bolter
265 points

9 Khorne bezerkers (inside Land Raider)
189 points

5 Chaos Space Marines
Icon of Chaos Glory
85 points

Heavy support:

Chaos Land Raider
Daemonic Possession
240 points

Chaos Defiler
+1 Close Combat Arm (replacing heavy flamer)
150 points

3 Obliterators
225 points

I put the twin linked bolters on the Rhinos so that if they get a weapon destroyed then they are not immobilised. I have added a tiny squad of men to go to ground inside some are terrain on the home objective and hopefully be forgotten and either capture or at least contest an objective. Icon there so they don't run away after a couple of casualties.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
pretty solid, not much to change here.

i'd make the Termicide cheaper by removing CF's and going straight up with two combi-meltas and one HF on both units.

i'd use a Vindie instead of a Defiler as you're using a Lash list...

...thinking on it, if you can at all do it, make changes and squeeze two Vindies (you can dedicate the LR) if at all possible, but you'll have to make the Termicide as cheap as possible and drop some upgrades to your CSM (like the combi-plasma).

that's what i'd do anyway, but it's not to say your list needs modifying, it's really pretty good as is.

good hunting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks a lot guys, your suggestions and encouragement have given me lots of confidence, I'll implement the changes you said except for the 2 vindies as i wanna have some oblits for long range tank busting and the defiler looks so damn cool (bad reason). Thanks again, didn't think anyone would actually reply lol:victory:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
:) Welcome to the forums and more specifically, the halls of Chaos.

Inquisitor Malaclypse pretty much nailed it. I might also consider not kitting your CSM troops out so much as well as dropping 1 or 2 Zerks. I'd try and shuffle the points around to give myself at least 1 more squad for sitting on my home objective. However, my suggestion is mainly play-style based.

Good luck, and let me know how this goes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Will do, although it will be happening in about 5 weeks time to give time to paint and finish collecting. I have decided to leave the heavy support as it is because if I start adding Vindicators it's gonna start hurting the wallet cause I don't yet have any but I've scrounged enough points for a tiny squad of marines as what IntereoVivo made a lot of sense to me. I just edited the first post instead of reposting to show my changes. Thanks again for all help.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i wouldn't take PFs on the termicide; between that and the small CSM squad how many points would you save? you may be able to take the 2nd Oblit unit by dropping that.

even a dakka Pred would be useful here.

simply not a fan of expensive sacrificial units and naked CSM squads.

good hunting.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Interesting... Don't take the 2 squads of 3 termies, small squads like tah get slaughtered!!!! Make 1 squad of 6 termies and put the in the landraider, use that to take them to the enemy, and once they're there have them assault and with a power fist each they'll be beast! Happy Gaming!:biggrin::biggrin::mrgreen:

·
Registered
941 Posts
donation to Khorne

Then screw the 6th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KHORNE WILL BE PLEASED WITH HIS BLOOD!!!!!!!!!!:hang1::hang1::hang1:

·
Registered
670 Posts
HQ:

Daemon Prince
wings
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Slaanesh
155 points

Daemon Prince
wings
Mark of Slaanesh
Lash of Slaanesh
155 points

Elites:

3 Terminators (Termicide)
3 Power fists
3Combi meltas
135 points

3 Teminators (Termicide)
3 Power fists
2 Combi meltas
Heavy flamer
135 points

Troops:

10 Chaos Space Marines
Aspiring Champion
(Power fist)
2 Meltaguns

Extra armour
Twin linked bolter
265 points

10 Chaos Space Marines
Aspiring Champion
(Power fist)
2 Melta guns

Extra armour
Twin linked bolter
265 points

9 Khorne bezerkers (inside Land Raider)
189 points

5 Chaos Space Marines
Icon of Chaos Glory
85 points

Heavy support:

Chaos Land Raider
Daemonic Possession
240 points

Chaos Defiler
+1 Close Combat Arm (replacing heavy flamer)
150 points

3 Obliterators
225 points

Terminators don't need heavy flamer and meltas as meltas is for tank wreckin and tough infantry; heavy flamer does nothing or very little to those. A single chain fist should be taken too so you've got 2D6 armour pen when in combat against vehicles.

Troops are fine but you don't need extra armour, keep rhinos cheap ;) Not sure what the 5 chaos marines are meant to be doing but you can still take a single special weap on them ;)

Replace the defiler with obliterators giving you more long range fire power and the defiler isn't a big bullseye :crazy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts