Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hallo all!

Ok basically I'm taking part in a campaign weekend in August and the pack says the choice of army should reflect playing 'with' your opponent not 'against'.
In addition any list that is deemed to be taking the proverbial will be refused.

I have never played any campaigns before so don't want to produce a list that is massively unfair but also would like a chance of surviving a turn.

I play guard.

My list so far is a mech list consisting of:

Commissar lord
2 vet with flamer, melta, autocannon and camo cloaks
2 chimeras,
2 hellhounds
2 leman russes with heavy bolter sponsons,
hydra
and a stormsword

Now i know escalation winds people up but I have never used one before and given I barely play 40k at the minute due to my job (teacher), I just fancy seeing what it can do.

What does everyone reckon; would this be ok?

I should point out I know that one guy is taking lots of serpents and a bloody revenant titan.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I should point out I know that one guy is taking lots of serpents and a bloody revenant titan.
Now I'm not an expert, but that sounds an AWEFUL lot like taking the proverbial as you put it!
But you could use the shadow sword as one of the other non strength D varients, storm sword perhaps? That's always fun to pick up a mountain of dice, watch your opponent go ghost white, then hand over 2 and see them look like they've taken the best shit ever!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am taking the stormsword; prefer the s10 rather than D weapon.

Granted this all depends on the rumoured guard codex and what it does to my plans

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Oh right :) I read it as shadow sword, I've been ogling it too much it seems :cray:
but it looks to me like your taking a less competitive list so you should be fine. Make sure to have a great campaign, and I wish they didn't need to add 'play with not against your opponant' it would be nice if that was the norm anyway, oh well I'm jabbering now :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts