Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fantasy Army: WoC
Hi guys. The gaming club that I have just joined are planing to start a progressive campaign, with the armies starting at 500 points. I have always been interested in Vikings and the norse theme so have decided to go for a WOC army list,

Feed back would be great as I am new to this,

Chaos sorcerer - 110p

11 chaos warriors with shields - 165p

5 chaos warhounds - 30p

5 chaos warhounds - 30p

10 marauder warriors with shields and light armour - 80p

10 marauder warriors with shields and light armour - 80p

Total 495 points

·
Registered
143 Posts
I would consider taking at least one unit with flails, you might need the high str for a tough fight.
For the sorcerer fire magic is a must! It so powerful at low points its silly.

·
Registered
483 Posts
W/ the marauders - I'd make those units one. Marauders die in droves to a fart and if you go up against any kind of gun line you're screwed. More bodies in the unit means you can soak up more casualties w/o being made useless as a unit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow what a disaster. Played against a lizardman army and got stomped.

I had changed my list to include the level 1 sorcerer in the warrior unit.

10 marauders with light armour and shields

5 mounted marauders with flails

5 warhounds

He took a level 2 Mage 18 saurus and a Bastiladon with Ark of Sotek.

I think after playing the game for the first time that the marauders did not proform as well as I wanted, the warhounds did better lasting 2 turns against the bastiladon.

I plan to battle against Ogres next week. Any tips???

Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
Vs OK, watch out for large(ish) units of ogres. They'll absorb a lot of damage w/ 3 wounds/model and then bring the hurt back since their 2nd ranks get up to 3 support attacks.

You won't have to worry about mournfang yet, so that's good. But watch out for the sabretusk chaff units. Your marauder horse should have an easy enough time w/ them.

Marauder T3 means *squish* *squish* for them vs ogres. Use them to take on any gnoblars.

Not sure about characters at 500pts for Ogres. I'm guessing a Firebelly? If so, watch out for the breath weapon in combat and fireballs on your T3 units.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts