Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been debating how to do the camo cloaks on my SM Sniper Scouts and I think I've come up with a decent solution.

I've decided to use the Citadel Texture Astrogranite paint for the color of them cloaks, then use a mixture of a black wash/shade and various gray tones for the dry-brushing. This way the cloaks will blend into the basing I plan to do as well.

Has anybody else used the Citadel Texture paints in this way before?

·
Registered
217 Posts
small mounds/cratering on the bases could really increase the appearance of these if theyre blending well looking forward to seeing these

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Has anybody else used the Citadel Texture paints in this way before?
Only on bases, it's literally just grains in paint. I thought maybe the mud one would be different than the astrogranite one, nope. Just paint and sand.

I would suggest not spending $5 on it and just getting some sand- though if you don't live by a body of water I can see that being tricky. There may be other less expensive options at a local arts supply store.

I like the idea of incorporating your basing material in your camo cloaks though, that will surely look bad ass when you execute the idea.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to lay the texture paint and a wash this weekend on the cloaks and bases. Going to some drybushing and add some snow effects. Looking good so far. I'll post a few pics once I finish.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
that is avery cool idea. i wonder what will the result be. i'm waiting for pics! :)

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Some kind of sealing agent on top of the final cloak might be a good idea - textured paints only work because the base of a model receives zero wear and tear, while cloaks do a lot of rubbing on fingers, trays and other models. Varnish or something would help protect from that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts