Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some money from a freind and wanted to take some pictures of my minis, but i dont have a camera, could anybody suggest one?

1) I MUSt be able to take close up, as in a detailed veiw of a space marines face without blur or fuzz.
2) It must be cheap £30-40 (ish)
3) I would prefer it to be black/silver and cool in design, possibly with a carry case or something.
4) I would also like to be able to take regular pics - holiday snaps...
5)MUSt be digital, so i can post my works here without buying a scanner...

6) Thanks to everyone who helps me find a camera, good karma to you...

:biggrin:

·
Ex Mod.
4,245 Posts
erm...im not sure if you can get one that goot for like £40. however, one with high megapixels (good explaination there i know) and a macro mode is the way to win.

for example, i have a camera which is 2 megapixels, and has a macro mode which takes alright picures. look in my painting thread to see what i mean.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after hours of looking online and in catalogues I found this:

The Olympus C-750UZ Camedia Digital Camera.
It has 4MP (not too bad)
and a 10x optical zoom!
along with a macro function of 30mm and a digital zoom of 4x this camera is perfect, the only problem is that it is around £70 with a 1GB memory card too, think thats a good deal? express your opinion here...

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Four megapixels is terrible... I don't know, maybe you guys don't have the same cameras we do over here... I don't even think they stock 4 megapixel cameras anymore in the electronics stores.

For what it's worth, you just need the macro mode and a photo editing program on the computer to crop it repeatedly until it's artificially zoomed in. I take my pictures from about ten feet away most of the time, and I use a pretty high end camera. I probably could take 'em right up next to the model, but you get better lighting if you work with it from further back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts