Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow chaos users i have not played the game since the 5th ed rules and would like some pointers on where to turn on what to buy next and if my list is still useable lol. below is everything i have and what i usualy put on them for games usualy 1800pt games. feedback/help is much appriciated! i will usualy be up against tanky eldar, grey knights, or regular SM.

HQ
Deamon prince
-MoT
-Power armor
-wings
-2x Mastry level

Kharn the betrayer

Troops
8 Bezerkers
-skull champ w/ power weapon and melta
(kharn is attached)
-rhino

10x CSM
-2 plasma guns
-champion w/ plasma pistol and power weapon
-mark of nurgle

Elite
9 thousand sons
-sorc w/ bolt of change (looked in the new codex and couldent find it maybe its removed?)

Heavy support
2x Obliterators
-Mark of nurgle

Chaos Predator
-all lascannons

Defiler
-Havoc launcher

Havocs
4x Missle launchers

Fast attack
Helldrake
-Baleflamer (just got him not sure how to use him yet.)

please help me refine my old list to the new 7th standards :) (i also have 5 possesed i havent put together yet not sure if they are worth it)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
HQ
Deamon prince
-MoT
-Power armor
-wings
-2x Mastry level

Kharn the betrayer

Troops
8 Bezerkers
-skull champ w/ power weapon and melta
(kharn is attached)
-rhino

10x CSM
-2 plasma guns
-champion w/ plasma pistol and power weapon
-mark of nurgle

Elite
9 thousand sons
-sorc w/ bolt of change (looked in the new codex and couldent find it maybe its removed?)

Heavy support
2x Obliterators
-Mark of nurgle

Chaos Predator
-all lascannons

Defiler
-Havoc launcher

Havocs
4x Missle launchers

Fast attack
Helldrake
-Baleflamer (just got him not sure how to use him yet.)
Welcome, fellow heretic.

I can say this, about your list: you get too rampant on shiny stuff :)
COnsidering that you are not concerned about fluff (not too much)

About the daemon prince, i've found out that a Nurgle DP with wings is cheap and nasty in 7th to take down. Not even need to fly, just hover and keep taking the 2+ cover save.

Kharne and zerkers are ok-ish but should ALWAYS go into a land raidero r in a big infiltrated mob...you can find the points for the landy by removing the TSons that are, imo, obnoxious and almost useless, given their point cost.

CSM are ok, just remove the plasma pistol since its too costly. also the powersword can go, you don't want them in melee. add a combiplasma and be happy...

Oblits, Pred, Havocs are ok.

Defiler is not, imo. not enough damage output for its cost. remove it and, if you feel kinky, go for the new helbrute formation : 3 deepstriking helbrutes with It Will Not Die, for the stock cost of the 3.

Heldrake with baleflamer is good. Consider using the hades cannon instead to have a decent antiair

With spared points you should be able to squeeze in some cultists, for some sneaky objective grabbing

1 - 2 of 2 Posts