Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting a bike army to change stuff up and I've been playing wolves for some time now
I've looking into white scars and ravenwing and I know both would provide a better bike list but I'm not looking for super competitive just fun, same goes for the axe over fists I just prefer the look of space Vikings with axes lol

If anyone's got experiance with WG bikers I'd love some feed back and advice I just think point for point wolf guard bikers vs swift claws the 2+ WS extra BS, extra attacks (pistol and chainswords) and the available armoury the WG wins hands down.
I'd love to add in some attack bikes but hey you can't have it all.

CoTGW detachment + wyrdstorm brotherhood (1495 points)

3x rune priest ML1, bike, combi melta, axe (wyrdstorm brotherhood)
WGBL, kraken bone sword, pistol, storm shield, bike, fell claws teeth
5 man WG bikers, 3 storm shields, 3 axe, 2 double wolf claws, 2 melta bomb,
6 man WG biker,1storm shield+axe,1combi melta, pistol and chainswords, melta bomb
6 man WG biker,1storm shield+axe,1combi melta, pistol and chainswords, melta bomb
3 landspeeders, multi melta + heavy bolter

The idea is to have 1 squad tooled for CC and put the WGBL in with them for a hard hitting squad then add a rune priest with each other pack (presisnce or living lightning) as well as the new power for wyrdstorm brotherhood, there's 2 combi meltas and 2 axe in each pack with a storm shield to soak up some low ap.
Each pack goes there own way picking targets as I see fit and claiming objectives.
the CC pack heading to where there needed to take out hard targets and the 3 speeders hopefully staying behind a squad each to gain 5+ intervening model cover save so I'm not forced to jink all the time to gain a save.
Melta bombs all round is to gain a power attack in CC
There's not much flyers at 1500 points in my area so I'm not too worried about that
But as an escalation to 1850 I wok add in 1 more land speeder with the same load out as the rest and squadron then in pairs and ad a storm wolf with TL las and TL multi melta

So CC would be appreciated guys am I running he WG bikers wrong? Is there s better way?

Cheers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.