Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here’s my first attempt at a list in 7th Edition after reading the new rules, more than a little disgusted at the core idea.

Honestly this list began innocent, just wanted to try mess around with the warlord table, and who better to do that than Calgar himself with the addition of Ideal Mission Commander, 6+ attempts at getting the warlord trait you want… Master of Ambush looks fun, and then the core of the list went straight to cheese. I tried to recover with some storm scouts, honour guard and Tiggy.

The core is Calgar + 1 Inquisitor and 3 Inquisitorial Henchmen squads in Land Raiders.

Calgar’s Inquisition 1850pts

Space Marines (Primary Combined Arms Detachment)
Chapter Tactics: Ultramarines

HQ
Marneus Calgar, Lord of Macragge, Warlord (Aiming for Master of Ambush) (275pts)
Chief Librarian Tigurius (Aiming for Forewarning) (165pts)

Honour Guard Squad (195pts)
5x Honour Guard and Chapter Champion with power weapons
Drop Pod

Troops
Scout Squad (110pts)
4x Scouts with Space Marine Shotguns, Scout Sergeant with Combi-melta
Land Speeder Storm with Heavy Flamer

Scout Squad (110pts)
4x Scouts with Space Marine Shotguns, Scout Sergeant with Combi-melta
Land Speeder Storm with Heavy Flamer

Inquisition: Codex (Inquisitorial Detachment)
HQ
Inquisitor Coteaz (Aiming for the new version of Sanctuary)(100pts)
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor with Psychotroke Grenades and 3x Servo Skulls (49pts)

Elites
Inquisitorial Henchmen Warband (282pts)
3x Acolyte
Land Raider Redeemer with Multimelta, Psybolt Ammunition, and Psyflame Ammunition

3x Acolyte
Land Raider Redeemer with Multimelta, Psybolt Ammunition, and Psyflame Ammunition

3x Acolyte

Calgar, Tiggy, Coteaz and the Xenos Inquisitor all Drop pod in with the Honour Guard while the 3 Land Raiders and 2 Landspeeder Storms Infiltrate for a very aggressive in your face list.

Ideas? Opinions?

·
Registered
303 Posts
The Warlord trait I believe you're thinking of is the one that allows you to infiltrate 3 units, correct? I'm fairly certain it said non-vehicle units. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not sure if you'd be allowed to deploy their dedicated transports with them, even if they were outside, just based on the trait.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does say non-vehicle units, but as far as rules goes I'm pretty certain giving infiltrator to the henchmen units, makes their dedicated transports infiltrate as well. I think the rule just prevents you from giving it to vehicles them selves, ie knights, vindicators etc, I could be wrong tho.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I really like the concept! I love Honor gaurd and I think Land Raiders will be very effective in 7th edition. You cant take a Land Raider as a dedicated transport for henchmen though. It says they "may select any dedicated transport see page 92". On page 92 its just razorback chimera and rhino.

·
Registered
Space marines ( 13th Legion/ Ultramarines chapter), tyranids, Drukhari, Custodes, SoS,
132 Posts
I love servo skulls. infiltrate yourself whilst denying infiltration to your opponent. Faced a competitive GK list with servo skulls and an assassin, made a mess of my armour and made my scouts redundant.

Hope for low AP weaponry in your opponents list, as a few 6+ rolls on damage table will ruin your day lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts