Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

Brand new Guardsman here. I just started my new collection with the Cadian Defense Force box set.
I'm much more into the painting side of the hobby, rather than gaming, but I always enjoy giving it a go. Since the Astra Militarum codex is so new, there arent really that many low-point army lists out there to comb over and work out what i wanted to do, and this box set has a pretty nice range of cool looking models in it - so i splurged and bought it.

Anywho, I was wondering if you fine folks could give me a hand assembling a low point army from the box set. Do i have enough bodies to make a 500-750 point army? All advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Have you got the codex?

If yes. Write up what you have without upgrades and then upgrade as you see fit with what you have available and what you are willing to buy.

After that post the list here and any parameters the critique has to follow (eg I only have limited models but I can spend up to £XX amount, what would you recommend)

If you don't have a codex. Buy one and then see my first suggestion.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CCS: 3 flamers, Chimera w/ camo

Veteran Squad: 2* Plasma, Autocannon team, Chimera w/camo

Veteran Squad: Flamer, Heavy Flamer, Autocannon team, Chimera w/camo

= 500pts

---------------------------

I know a guy who will swap me the leman russ that comes with the set for a chimera + bits, and i could afford a third one aswell.
I want to fit the heavy weapons teams in there somewhere. Have i gone about it the right way?

·
Registered
90 Posts
You want to swap a Leman Russ tank for a chimera? Mate, you would be far better off keeping the russ for when you want one and buying a chimera off Ebay or from your local shop! You're losing money swapping an unbuilt model.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Yeah. LMBT > Chimera.

I'd be inclined to drop the chimeras from the vet squads (save 160) and take a standard LMBT.

Means you don't have to buy anything more to.

If I redesigned the list further I'd change what weapons te squads have and either take grenadiers or forward sentries on the vets.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok then. So how about....

CCS w/ chimera

2 x Grenadier VET SQUAD

LRBT

= 425 pts.

With the remaining 75 points, what weapon upgrades would you guys recommend? I would love to include the heavy weapons teams, but if they just dont work at these points amongst everything else, then they just dont work. please let me know.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You can fit 3 auto cannons in all squads and 1 plasma in each squad.

So you can fire an auto cannon and plasma out of the CCS chimera.
However that lacks anything that can deal with tanks.

So you could take a lascannon and a plasma on the CCS

Autocannons in the vets and maybe a melta each or grenade launcher and take a lascannon on the LRBT?

I'd prefer the latter option (magnetise the lascannon on the tank so when you get more you can take HBs etc)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CCS, Plasma, Lascannon team.
w/ Chimera 160pts

VET SQUAD, Grenadiers, Autocannon team, Melta. 95pts
VET SQUAD, Grenadiers, Melta. 85pts

LRBT, Lascannon. 160pts

hows that?

·
Registered
136 Posts
May as well stick the melta in the first vet squad into the second and have them running around trying to take down tanks etc whilst the CCS and first squad hold your table edge with orders etc.

You can always use the CCS chimera to ferry the second vets if you need to for whatever reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts