Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
in the next couple of weeks my lfgs is having a campaign and in the lower lvl games we may use a veteran sgt as warlord (witch we may kit out whitin reason)
so here we go

SGT invictus may be used as a biker sgt upgrade
SGT invictus 70 points
WS_BS_S_T_W_I_A_LD_Sv
_4__4__4_5_2_4_2__9__3+
wargear:
tl bolter
powerfist
storm shield
bike

special rules
atsknf

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Horribly overpowered.

This unit as the exact same statline as a Space Marine Chaplain. If you give the Chaplain a bike, and a powerfist, he costs 150 points. He has a worse save than yours with the Stormshield. He doesn't have Liturgies or Fearless, but you gave him Scout also.

Or, if you want to go another way, for +5 points you take a normal SM Bike sergeant and add +1 WS, +1 Ld, +1 Wound, a 3++ save, AND Scout.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
it sounds like you just use one of the sargents from your list and simply choose him as your warlord.

I would suggest talking it over because as it stands, the dude you just posted is better than a Chaplain on a bike, as xabre mentioned, for roughly half the cost.

some clarifications are required.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok made some changes (trew out scout)
in total points he is 100 points (70 for the upgrade 30 for the sgt)
and for the upgrade points
40 points of the upgrades
so 30 points for 1w + 1ws is it that bad ?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
well, let's put it this way.

Using Thunderwolf Cav, which are 'bikes' that can take the wargear you want, that's half the cost of your model.

Then you're adding the wound (which no sergeant has), the weapon skill (which no sergeant has), and a bike.

Honestly, even without scout you're looking at 150 points no matter what, I'd say.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if we are going to pull out odd codex ill base it on a castellan drop 1 bs and 1 I and the rites of battle lets call that a 25 point drop

so 40 points
add up the wargear
is 105 points
(so not that bad)

edit:
ill drop the ws

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I chose Wolves simply because I know that the Thunder Wolves can always get a Fist and a SS.

Normally the statline you're talking about is a Captain or a Chaplain, which is what I listed on the first post. Honestly, even dropping the WS (which is huge) but still having a second wound is big. 2 Wound models are usually Independent Elites, and not troop upgrades. A T5 2W with a 3+/3++ is amazingly durable even without going points for points stats.

Based solely on wargear you have a Bike Sergeant with +1W, and normally the wargear alone would cost him 110 I believe (I can't post individual wargear costs). Then you add in the fact that he's got the second wound, and that he's built in with a squad of other bikers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts