Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, are there any stores or sites that have cheap 40k minis for sale?

I ask this since buying directly from GW is financially crippling.

Oh, I'm based in the UK too.

Which places do you reccommend? :search:

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
try Wayland games.They advertise here fairly extensively and aparrently have pretty good prices. Check them out.

·
Registered
494 Posts
As above, wayland games is cheaper. it's best to buy in bulk there like two to three boxes due to shipping cost from £5 to £10.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Did I mention Maelstrom has free shipping? :wink: Oh and moneyback?
I do like maelstrom, good prices and like youy said, free shipping, but some of my orders from them have taken 3/4 weeks to arrive.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i use both wayland and maelstrom

maelstrom takes forever for things to be posted but the free shipping is nice and i get emails now and again with discount codes which makes it especially nice when on a bulk buy or for those bigger apocalypse items.

but i buy most of my stuff from wayland although i have been known to buy the odd bit off of buyforleesonline as they sell 3 box deals that sometimes works out cheaper.

also i buy from gamingfigures.com as they do free shipping, the prices are good and they sell KR cases that you can buy individually, i also have had an amazing service experience with them.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Of course there is allways the bargin basement option. Ebay. I have had some great bargins. two squads of well painted(better than me) csms for around half price. Squads of terminators, dreadnoughts, tanks, all sorts of stuff. There are some real bargins out there. You just have to check them out and ask for additional photos.

·
Registered
460 Posts
^ Another thing like Ebay is Craigslist, only you usually have to pick up your stuff from the seller and prices are not quite so reasonable.

My hobby shop is usually good about Warhammer stuff, I saw a Valkyrie for 42 bucks (20 less than the GW site).

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
ebay is best for metal models that you can strip of paint, if you want brand new on sprue look at the others as these tend to get just as pricy as gw, you can get good deals on ebay but be patient

·
Registered
644 Posts
i use both wayland and maelstrom

maelstrom takes forever for things to be posted but the free shipping is nice and i get emails now and again with discount codes which makes it especially nice when on a bulk buy or for those bigger apocalypse items.

but i buy most of my stuff from wayland although i have been known to buy the odd bit off of buyforleesonline as they sell 3 box deals that sometimes works out cheaper.

also i buy from gamingfigures.com as they do free shipping, the prices are good and they sell KR cases that you can buy individually, i also have had an amazing service experience with them.
Just checked all of these sites - they look pretty good.

The only problem I have is the conversion rates (even though I am still saving), and that it takes about three weeks to get over here which includes the processing time. I suppose saving money is the more important part though...

·
Registered
332 Posts
www.wargamesworkshop.com is very good, I have used them several times- good prices and speedy service.

Wayland games is alright, their prices are good but in my experience they can take a long time to send out your order. To be fair this is usually because they sometimes have to order what you want in from Games Workshop but still, sometimes waiting 3 weeks for an order can be a bit frustrating.

A lot better than Forgeworld's shipping times around christmas though :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
go to a local store they dont charge for shiping and handling
They sell their products at the same price.
+1 For E-Bay here, had some great bargains so far. On average 30-50% off what buying in Store would have cost me.
I can never see to master Ebay. I bet you ninja-bid at the last second or something? Any tips? I REALLY want to get in on that.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
same price as what Gw post on their website but you dont get charged for shipping if you by through GW in america its like 15 bucks for shipping per item but thats because i live in the states so i go through a shop and get the items for exactly what it cost, plus i live in oregon so no sales tax. but if you want to find cheaper products id say go through ebay my cousin bought a 2500 black templar army all new models for 300 bucks. so yea you can get lucky deals.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts