Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know i been out a while, loosing a job tends to do that to people however in the hiatis i have had the time to read helsreach....awesome book and i might look at the Templars in a differnet light now. Chapters due which i am hoping will culminate in a big stand off between honsou and ventris if he does another one. Nagash the Unbroken which means that i am starting to respect mike lee a lot more and finally Nemesis....AWESOME is all i have to say and i am now totally looking foward to First Heretic but Nemesis was by far one of the top books of the series so far, thuis just goes from strength to strength and i am lookng foward to whatever comes out now...i appologise for my absence but there have been other things that have occupied my mind for the last few weeks.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I bought Nemesis yesterday. The fact it exceeds the traditional ~416 pages bodes well, as does the synopsis (Despite the flaw that we know Horus shall not die by the hand of an Assassin) The return of the ''Original cast'' also pique's my interest. Glad you liked it, although I've hard mixed reviews.

Helsreach; one of the few books I have read that truly demonstrates the scale of war in the 41st Millenium. Not a fan of the Black Templar portrayel, if one is to be honest. But the human/Mechanicum characters made up for it. Again, it was full of unecessary elements, but it was thoroughly enjoyable.

What did you think of Nagash the Unbroken, in more depth? I thought it was paced alot better than The Sorcerer, and found it highly interesting, despite lacking in drama. That said, Nagash the Immortal (Going on the Vampire Counts Armybook and what Mike Lee has told me) is when shit well and truly fucks up.

Good to see you back... and... ugh... the chat has gone but... ''we'' still exist...

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know i read that just didn't think it worth commenting on really, too old for alll that but hell no mater least this is still here.
i think the fact that i was able to get more into Nagash this time round, heldenhammer adn empire i was able to quickly grasp sigmar and that wasn't just from years of playing the old rpg either. i actuially got to feel for the guy and as damned as i might be for sayng it Neferata was a great female character but then anything that brings the skaven out in thier true light i have to like. i hate rats so walking ratmen would be my wrst nightmare...tis true a proper fear of them i have yes. i usually find Mike lee hard to get into what with his time hopping and stuff but i have to admit i am truley enjoying nagash and as i started reading the fantasy side before i got into the 40 k side i would reccomend the time of legends series to anyone wanting to read wh fantasy for the first time.
thanks bobbs as ever good chatting to you my friend

1 - 3 of 3 Posts