Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about combining armies. How do you?

Here is my not-so-unique situation.
I have 3 armies in service to The God-Emperor (may his beneficence be praised and so forth)
Imperial Guard
Space Marines (Salamanders)
Space Wolves
The other fellow I play 40k with most commonly has a massive (3500+) Tyranids army. I want to be able to combine my comparitively smaller armies to combat his chittering swarm. He's been commenting lately that he wants to field his entire collection. However, I know that drawing from two (or in some cases three) different codeces confers a marked advantage to me. I was wondering if there was already some system for balancing this and what the specifics are. Further, I wanted to know what adjustments (if any) need to be made to the Force Org Chart to accomadate this. He wants to reenact a Starship Troopers-esque (big surprise) climactic battle against my guardsmen and I think it would be a perfect way to balance things if several Astartes dropped in to bolster the beleagured Guardsmen. Any suggestions for balancing things (does he need a points allotment advantage to compensate for my drawing from mulitple codeces?) would be welcome. Thanks for your time

·
Registered
594 Posts
One way is to field multiple army detachments, each following the Force Org chart. Make sure your three smaller armies equal the points of his larger army, and you should be set.

Since you're required to have 2 troops choices in each detachment, you probably wont have much of an advantage.

-note that this is only relevant in friendly games, tournaments generally only let you have one army.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
If you have more than 3000 points then you could simply play a game of apocalypse. That way it is perfectly legal for you to take units from multiple codices.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts