Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mornin lads,

Okay the list below is one that i have had a few successful games with and im looking to expand. What i need is suggestions on the below.

basically at the moment im running abaddon up through the middle with some troops and deepstriking the termis in.

My main oppenents are Marines and Eldar

1) Do i get a Landraider, drop a termi and send abaddon + 4 termis right up the middle?
2) Do i get a defiler for some uber long range support
3) Do i get a Vindicator for its longer survivability

HQ 275 - Abbadon

Troops 220 - 10x CSM, 1 champ with powerfist, 2 Melta-guns
Troops 263 - 8x Berserkers, 1 champ with powerfist, Rhino extra armour, icon
Troops 266 - 7x Plague, 1 champ with powerfist, 2 Plasmaguns, rhino

Elite 225 - 5x Terminators mark of slaanesh...2x dual LC, 1x Champ with Dual LC, 1x Power Weapon and Combi-Melta, 1x with Heavy Flamer and Powerfist
Elite 100 - Dreadnought with Missile Launcher and DCCW

Heavy 150 - 2x Obliterators

Total - 1499

Cheers!

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'd go with a LR and throw Abaddon in that with the Termies. I've been lacking a LR for my Termies, and I seem like they are missing their full potential without it. I run 2 defilers, and somedays they do well, but they mostly get targeted right away and get demolished having only 12 FA. I've yet to try using Vindicator but I've read a lot on them, and I see people say that they work best in pairs or in 3s. But regardless, I still think you'll be very happy with a LR for Abaddon. Hope this helps a bit.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Ok, first lets drop the dread purely to free up 100 points

This gives you 350 points to work with. Add in the LR, drop a termie (I would advise the champ w/ twin LC's. Then make the other 2 twin LC termies champs, and you still save 30 points) So we spend 220 for the LR, and save 30 points by dropping a termie. We now have 160 points left to spend

So now you can add either a Defiler or a Vindicator (totally up to you) and still have either 10 points (if you choose the defiler) or 35 points ( if you choose the vindicator).

If you pick the vindicator, I would add Daemonic Possession to the LR, for a bit more survivability, and that leaves you with 10 points which you can use to add the IoCG to your CSM's :victory:

·
Registered
941 Posts
drop the dread and put abandon and 4 termie champions in a landraider!:grin:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree with dropping the Dread, they tend to do more harm than good.

I would drop the LC's on the Termies and give them either power weapons or power/chainfist. Another combi-melta wouldn't hurt either

Ultimately take the Land Raider and put Abaddon and the Termies in there, but don't give it Daemonic Possession. It will lower the BS of the Raider, and that Raider is going to be your best option for tank popping at a distance with it's twin-linked lascannons.

Finally, between the Vindicator and the Defiler, Id take the Vindicator. While it's probably only going to last one turn (mine doesn't usually make it further than that), it will take some damage and attention away from the rest of your mechanized army.

Hope this all helps.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I disagree with not giving your Landraider Daemonic Possession. Its far worse if you cant fire at all because of a 2 on the damage chart.. Epic fail...

I would do as somebody said and take out the Dreadnought.. I wouldnt add a single vindicator or defiler though as they tend to work best in pairs.. I would take 2 obliterators and increase your anti tank ability. While you are at it give the Plague Marines meltaguns instead of plasma..

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hail,

I agree with the use of the Land Raider. Delivering Abbaddon and his bodyguard in an AV14 assault vehicle is great. Daemonic possession is not neccessary but could help out with a few pesky hits the Raider with have coming its way.

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just adding to this a bit (and i thank you all for your recommendations thus far).

Ive got a game against an Eldar player coming up and i have never played them before.

Any tips with my army?

·
Registered
941 Posts
laser cannons, you need pinning, thay are sooooo fast!:eek:k:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts