Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here is familiar with Firefly and the movie Serenity?

That many? Good.

I have a friend expressing interest in 40K and would like to make a Brown Coat themed army.

Honestly, I think this would make a cool army and would love to see it happen. He's willing to go forward with an IG squad and I think that's probably where he'll find models for this. But, I'm not sure which ones to recommend.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Vallhallans could work. Damnit now I want to try this too. You can see why I have such a hard time finishing armies... :laugh:

Mal would make a pretty good Bastonne...

·
Registered
92 Posts
this is an awesome idea! Now Bastonne is a must for Mel. now i being firefly i would stay away from las and plas weapons. Oooo theres just soo many things you could do both converstion wise and forge world wise. i would lean more to veteran squads, which thanks to you ill be working on a Brown Coats army now :) lol.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hmm... a guardsmen army made from a mashup of science fiction and old westerns.
Here's an idea, he should mix in civil war themed units, like cannon artillery pieces :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is an awesome idea! Now Bastonne is a must for Mel. now i being firefly i would stay away from las and plas weapons. Oooo theres just soo many things you could do both converstion wise and forge world wise. i would lean more to veteran squads, which thanks to you ill be working on a Brown Coats army now :) lol.
Please, post pics when you do.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Please play the theme song to start off every game. And please post pictures of the completed army, this sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
361 Posts
If he wants to do a more "rustic" themed army I would suggest he take a look at the WFB sets. Kitbashing some IG and Empire/Bret stuff might produce interesting results. If he really wants to go full on hobby mode he can jump straight into greenstuff and sculpt coats on all his figs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The best would either be Death Korps or old Steel Legion models. I kind of want to try this now lol.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I'm not sure this would be an inexpensive endeavor.

A friend of mine got lucky and picked up a Valhallan (almost all of it metal) cheap from eBay.

I remember when we were tossing around ideas and the other possibilities were the DKoK from FW and a mix of Steel Legion and Valhallan from GW. Neither was inexpensive.

If your friend has his heart set on this, then I suggest checking the wargaming miniatures forum for proxies.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts