Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening all,

So as the title suggests, I have been starting to ponder about how I should build a Display Board for my growing 40k Army...

But I have realized I do not even where to start!

So does anyone have any advice?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Well what sized army are you going to be putting on this board? A small 1500 point deathwing army is going to take up a lot less room than say a 2000 point ork army.

You will probably want to look at corkboards some of the premade ones for like classrooms. otherwise it will be wood, cork panels, magnets or magnetic tape and metal bits to attach to bases or the board depending on how you put it together.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well what sized army are you going to be putting on this board? A small 1500 point deathwing army is going to take up a lot less room than say a 2000 point ork army.
Thats a good point! Looking for something that will hold a 2000pt Chaos/IG list... Was thinking of aiming for something for armies on parade so guessing I will need a 2x2 board.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I think an important aspect of visual dynamism is different heights on offer: hilly terrain, sloping down, or some raised lumps, or whatnot. Something acknowledging that the earth isn't a perfectly smooth, evenly flocked plain like we like to pretend.

Making sure the bases match the display board is a given for a unifying theme is important, I think, of course. I'm a fan of cutting base-sized holes into thin cork so the base height doesn't stand out, but there are a bunch of ways to affix the units to their proper place, like morfangdakka points out.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The simplest place to start would be get the realm of battle board and some scenery and see if you can make some different building with them. If you can try and look at past winner of armies on parade.

If you are stuck for what to do, but what to do something mor than pre-made stuff, look into the imperial armour modelling books, there are some really nice guide in there not only for painting models but for dioramas and boards.

Making your own board get a 2x2 piece of plywood or something similar and carve out High density polystyrene and you can get a good basic landscape to build upon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts