Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I've been out of the loop since the beginning of 5th edition and decided very recently to get back into the game! I was big into Tyranids and, sadly, witnessed their downfall over the years. However, the new genestealer cult codex caught my attention! I got a good deal on an Overkill box and decided to try and get a decent 1500 point list churned out without emptying my bank account. So here goes nothing!

This is a pretty basic list with a Neophyte Cavaclade as the core and a bunch of Warp Charges elsewhere. The three magi will accompany the Doting Throng Acolytes and will hopefully ambush at good locations to utilize their psychic powers (hoping for summoning of course).

I'm hoping to build most of this list with 2 overkill boxes (selling the excess), 2 Armoured Claw boxes, and the rest with a few good snipes on eBay (already landed a Leman Russ and the Genestealers at great prices).

I'd like the list to be at least somewhat competitive and fun to play, so I wonder how it will hold up to all the dakka people keep talking about (i'm too lazy to mathhammer). Also, I've never been keen on optimizing squad sizes and whatnot - is 8 too small for acolytes (plus magus)? That being said, the acolytes are stupid expensive ($$$) and I'm not eager to include too many more. Lastly, I think the familiars are awesome and want to include some - are they worth it?

Let me know what you think!

------------------CULT INSURRECTION--------------------

[Neophyte Cavaclade] - 420

Neophyte Hybrid x10 - 2 Flamers, Shotguns
Chimera Transport - Heavy Flamer, Multilaser

Neophyte Hybrid x10 - 2 Flamers, Shotguns
Chimera Transport - Heavy Flamer, Multilaser

Leman Russ - Lascannon

Armored Sentinel (gonna keep it in reserves so it doesn't explode Turn 1)

[The Doting Throng] - 317

Magus - ML2

Acolyte Hybrids x8 - Heavy Rock Drill

[The First Curse] - 410

Patriarch - ML2

Purestrain Genestealer x20 - 5x Scything Talons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[CAD] -350

Magus - ML2

Magus - ML2

Neophyte Hybrid x10 - 2 Seismic Cannon, 2 Grenade Launchers

Neophyte Hybrid x10 - 2 Seismic Cannon, 2 Grenade Launchers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts