·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The choice has been made!

Tau vs. Imperial Guard!

Here is the scenario:

December 2008 Battle Report- Massacre at Mercy Point

This battle takes place at Mercy Point, a coastal city nearly razed to the ground by Tau orbital bombardments. A small contingent of guardsmen and tanks is hobbled together under the command of First Lieutenant L. Jenkins to control a key sector and buy time for the evacuation of the civilian population.

Mission is Cleanse: Alpha. That means there are four points to be scored, one for each table corner. See 40K Rulebook p81.

Special Scenario Rule: "Time's Up, Let's Do This!"

Once per game, at the start of the Movement Phase, the participant nominated (by me) can declare the Leeeeeroy Jenkins! battle cry. All guard infantry must move and fleet of foot (+1d6" move) and charge into close combat if possible. They gain the Furious Charge ability (+1S and +1 I), +1 A and are Fearless for the remainder of the turn.

Special Scenario Rule: "At Least I Have Chicken"

Tau Sensor Towers can give the Target Lock ability to battlesuits as well as vehicles. Range of Markerlight is 48" (instead of 36").

(These really just make the tower useful at all)

Remote Sensor Tower

This is a Tau unit from Imperial Armour 3: the Taros Campaign.

The Sensor Tower is AV 10 all around. It has a markerlight, Sensor Array (allows for detection of Infiltrators in 4d6" (useless in this game), and Target Lock (gives Target Lock to one Tau vehicle each turn, since the Hammerhead already has this upgrade, we're going to allow it to give this to battlesuits as well).

BS is 3.

Check out our blog for full armylists for each side!
http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-E360a0M7erzHAw_nfVYhQrA-;_ylt=ApMHulw4bYoZN.z40Nm1k8y0AOJ3?cq=1

Enjoy!

Jim

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
arrghh dude are you using the tau drone army?

it looks great saw it on youtube

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yep the tau drone army is awesome. Those are some wacky special rules. My bet is on the Tau.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wow Dec. '08? Why the long wait?

Oh well, should be a good battle, and yes, BTP looks like a reputable company, I've seen some very well done stuff on their site and on youtube.:eek:k:

·
Registered
267 Posts
BTP , your awesome man!

I remember the Chaos -IG batrep where Leeroy made his name!

I still crack up watching that video...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Enjoyed that battle rep, although I'm not sure you should have used the baneblade, but that of course is up to you as it's a freindly match, but keep in mind it was responsible for heavy casualties. And thanks for responding to my question regarding your dice!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
after watching the YouTube video, My money's on the guard. Drones only have BS 2, and have a really small chance of hitting stuff, even with the twin linked rule. Oh and the guard has a baneblade. Nuff said

·
Registered
89 Posts
after watching the YouTube video, My money's on the guard. Drones only have BS 2, and have a really small chance of hitting stuff, even with the twin linked rule. Oh and the guard has a baneblade. Nuff said
I won't tell you who won, but there is another like 12 parts on youtube. And of all those drones, I think only one is actually drones. They are proxy models, it's a Tau drone army. But he did say they all have the correct base sizes and the appropriate weapons, and so are completely tournament legal. What I am slightly curious about is that the army is on sale, hopefully there isn't any damage on it if they use them for battling, but he was quite careful with the models, so I don't expect there to be any. He also didn't use very many suits :/

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
after watching the YouTube video, My money's on the guard. Drones only have BS 2, and have a really small chance of hitting stuff, even with the twin linked rule.
Twin-linked BS 2 is actually more accurate than the fire warrior's BS 3.
(approximately 53% chance of hitting versus 50% chance of hitting after you do the math)

·
Registered
42 Posts
What is a vanguisher, I didn't see that when I was paging through the imperialr gaurd codex?

·
Banned
280 Posts
What is a vanguisher, I didn't see that when I was paging through the imperialr gaurd codex?
That's because GW are a bunch of bastards, and took it out of our codex. Along with the Griffon and Exterminator under the pretense that "we had too many heavy support choices".

Eldar have more than us, and last I checked they were the speedy army, not the Treadhead's shooty army of doom.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts