Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys been playing with AB again and thinking about nice new shiny armies once these Deathwatch are done. Was trolling through various things and the ammount of fun one of my mates bob had with the orks, plus what we know is capable (spikydave - heat 3) so it all got me thinking of a list.

Be warned i think its a bit brutal.

Warboss: Choppa, SLugga, Eavy Armour, Bionic Bonce [82]

Big Mek: KFF, Choppa, Eavy Armour, Bionic Bonce [65]

10 Kommandos: Shootas, Big Shoota, Nob with Big Shoota, 2 Ammo Runts [139]

14 Skarboyz: 3 Rokkits, Nob with Klaw and Rokkit [211]

15 Flashgitz: 4 Rokkits, Nob with Rokkit, 3 Ammo Runts [188]

12 Slugga Boyz: 3 Rokkits, Nob with Klaw and Rokkit [167]

20 Gretchin, Slaver with Squig Hound [74]

20 Gretchin, Slaver with Squig Hound [74]

Total = 1500

138 Models (91 Orks)
25 Rokkits (3 re-rolls)
2 Big Shootas (2 re-rolls)

Filth?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Not too up on the Orks Skuzz but It looks pretty filthy too me! :twisted:
I think adding In a few more big shootas for anti-speeder duty could help balance It out a bit more, I've heard a 2-1 ratio of Rockits/Big Shootas Is the most efficient set-up?
Could maybe drop one of the flash gitz back to an even 14 and fit Rockits on to the two slavers to maximise your shooting?
I would be wary of the new codex though you wouldn't want to go painting 140 Orks only to find the list becomes redundant! :cry:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LongBeard said:
Not too up on the Orks Skuzz but It looks pretty filthy too me! :twisted:
I think adding In a few more big shootas for anti-speeder duty could help balance It out a bit more, I've heard a 2-1 ratio of Rockits/Big Shootas Is the most efficient set-up?
Beware of the new codex though you wouldn't want to go painting 140 Orks only to find the list becomes redundant! :cry:
Yeah but always preparing for speeders puts you at a disadvantage vs everything else. The Kommandos would go on speeder duty, getting about 4 hits a turn with the big shootas. Plus bunkering them into hard terrain will make thier lives a lot easier to weather the storm. Plus if push comes to shove just throw a few rokkits at the speeders.

I think the thing that orks fear the most is heavy/skimmer tanks and big OTT daemon princes (thinking the silly khorne ones). Tons of rokkits would do us better i reckon (but then i also know naff all about orks).

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
I like the list a lot. My only suggestions would be to maybe give the boss a Power Klaw and Choppa instead of the slugga. The skarboyz might be better served with burnas. The kommandos if they are going to be a fire support squad I would concider the More Dakka upgrade to the ones with shootas. As longbeard pointed out you may want to give the slavers rokkits or big shootas. Just some suggestions for you to think about.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I believe you should ditch the rokkits on the Skar Boyz, they'll be better served with burnas. Also, I personally wouldn't take ammo runts in a squad with bigshootas. Those runts will be far more important to an ork with a 1 shot str 8 weapon than a 3 shot str 5 weapon. I also think that the kommandos will do better with rokkits than bigshootas. Here is my reasoning:

-Rokkits are only 24 inch range weapons while bigshootas are 36 inch range. The rokkits will start the game in range if taken by the kommandos while bigshootas can start the game in range from your deployment zone.

-Speeders usually have weapons that are mid to short range, meaning to attack they will have to expose themselves to whatever unit they are attacking anyhow. Indirect fire weapons like basilisks are much harder to get to, and are taken out far easier by rokkits than bigshootas. If you are going to infiltrate to take out a weapon, would you rather take something out that has to expose itself anyhow, or something that can hide all day?

-I would rather kill a pieplate thrower first round and deal with speeders second round than kill the speeders first and then have to try to get something in range by round 3-4 to kill the pieplates. Since the entire rest of your army is slow moving, this is very likely to happen.

-This means that you can switch out a slugga squad to be armed with 4 bigshootas, which will be more reliable against speeders if they do show up. 4 average hits a round will outpace 2 average hits a round with 2 rerolls quickly. The only time the Kommandos will have an edge over sluggas for anti-speeder duty is if you can catch them first turn, before they've moved and become glancing only, but I find relying on first turn for any strategy is a bad idea.

Lastly, your warboss is better off having a powerklaw and a choppa than a slugga. While the powerklaw is expensive, having a str 10 weapon (warboss is basic str 5) in your army is valuable. He makes T5 IC's cry and is not too shabby at pulling a monolith out of the sky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts