1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread as for good brushes, and how much you paid for them
and if someone could please sticky this topic

please post like this

Brush Brand: Brush model. Cost. where you got it. Rating 1-10.

Arttec: 165 Red Sable. $6.99. Michael's crafts. 7/10

this brush is pretty good, has lasted longer than any of my other brushes, and a good value too, works well for small details, but not superfine ones.

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Good idea Engelus, I have been meaning to get some product reviews up on the forum for a while but never got round to it.
I have played with the layout a little to rate the supplier AND the brush.

I really have a thing about the triangular handled brushes, I find they give more control and my hand is less likely to cramp up after hours of painting. (The fact they came in a suitably Slaanehsi purple was just a bonus. :) ) I bought two of them 1x'0' and 1x'000' both are working well without splitting since the end of June this year which covers all my Epic model painting.

'Revell Painta Luxus' is a range of deluxe quality brushes in 8 sizes from 5/0 to 3 with pure marten hair.

Sorry about the small pic its the only one I could get.

Where I found them on Ebay originally but they have an Online shop. GW Memorabilia and Models
Good service was had and the brushes arrived promptly. Rating 9/10 (I never give 10.)

Cost
£2.49+£0.60 Postage to the UK (Postage discounts for multiple purchases.) Rating 9/10

·
Registered
361 Posts
Winsor and Newton Series 7

considered to be the best brushes money can buy and they are certainly the best brushes iv ever used (their the same brushes GW use in their master brush set)
can get a tad expensive, a 0 brush will set u back £6-8 depending where u get it, but id say their well worth it

this is where i usually get mine, very goos service

www.artifolk.co.uk

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I think GW's standard is a 2, and the fine detail is a 2/0, I think. I use the same thing as Dark Messiah, actually-- I've been using the same brushes for about five years now, and they still have their tips as sharp as the day I got 'em. The exception is that I use a Master's Touch kollinsky sable long-haired brush (the brush is about half an inch long) and has a rather short handle (maybe six inches, tops) for my freehand stuff.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I really like the connel golden taklon brushes, they are sturdy and can be found at most hobby places

·
Registered
361 Posts
yea, its around about wot horus said size wise. i prettu much use the 0 brush for everthing, apart from really fine details like text and eyes. the points on them are excellent

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Greyskullscrusade said:
I really like the connel golden taklon brushes, they are sturdy and can be found at most hobby places
I have some of these.

Overall, a good brush.

I have never tried the famed Winsor and Newton though.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I like the princeton series of sable hair brushes. Dunno if that's princeton school of art or what but they're real nice. I always tend to use a triple zero when painting pretty much anything except vehicles, (that's "hella tiny" for anyone not familiar with the numbering system) and one 000 princeton sable brush set me back about four bucks.

Not bad.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
That's not too bad at all, especially since sable usually runs about three times that price. I generally use a 0 for most of what I do, and a 2/0 for stuff that's hard to reach-- the 0 has a good enough tip that I can usually get away with doing most details with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts