Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, first post and I need some help.

I'm sure I remember reading a Heresy short story about recruitment of new Marines being decided by gladiatorial style combat, where the leading candidate gets killed only for his brother to pick up the weapon and prove himself the best. I'm positive he states his name as Kharn in the very last line.

Is this a weird hallucination on my part? Have checked all the novels I own and looked on 40k wiki and Lexi, but can't find anything. Help?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Is this official BL work we're talking or a fanfic? Cause i'm pretty sure that story does not exist as any sort of official BL publication.

·
Registered
287 Posts
That sounds more like the World Eaters story in 'Tales of Heresy', where the World Eaters keep going into Angron's sanctum to calm him down. The Big A keeps killing them, and I think Kharn is the one who finally chills him out enough to talk to him.

Maybe that is what you are thinking about?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not thinking of 'After Desh'ea' (although that ws awesome)

Perhaps it was a piece of Fanfic all along, will continue the search as that nagging feeling just won't leave me, no worries guys thx anyway.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I remember a fan fiction story where they did something similar, but the recruitment varies from chapter to chapter.

For example lets look at the Ultramarines recruitment. The first thing you must do, is to make an apple pie to Marneus Calgar, and if he likes it, you must do pies for the rest of the chapter as well. If they all like it, then you are accepted (Thats the reason why Calgar looks so fat).

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
For example lets look at the Ultramarines recruitment. The first thing you must do, is to make an apple pie to Marneus Calgar, and if he likes it, you must do pies for the rest of the chapter as well. If they all like it, then you are accepted (Thats the reason why Calgar looks so fat).
:laugh::so_happy:

Each Chapter has it's own ways of recruiting, whether it be fighting giant worms or sea monsters to surviving monster-infested jungles. It depends on their rituals honed over thousands of years.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Indeed Brother Emund... Some chapters make you travel large distances to do that or that, while others make you kill something... As someone said earlier, it varies from chapter to chapter...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
or bake a pie for the head smurf. uh i mean ultramarine. yes definately ultramarine. and no, calgar is not holding my head in his hand, iits just my personal opinoin.lol

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
I remember a fan fiction story where they did something similar, but the recruitment varies from chapter to chapter.

lmfao :grin::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Dont laugh for the Emperors sake, it is true! And it is easy to prove, just look at almost any Ultrasmurf, at least the Papasmurf!

And there are only two really good Ultramarines! Those are Tellion and Scipio (Or what was he called, the main person in Assault on Black Reach The Novel?)...

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Dont laugh for the Emperors sake, it is true! And it is easy to prove, just look at almost any Ultrasmurf, at least the Papasmurf!

And there are only two really good Ultramarines! Those are Tellion and Scipio (Or what was he called, the main person in Assault on Black Reach The Novel?)...
Sicarius- I haven't read that novel, but in the other books he's appeared in he comes off as being a right dick.

The Fall of Damnos should settle the problem as to whether he is a prick or just a fierce adherent to the Codex.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
I was thinking of the Sergeant of the "Thundebolts" in the 2nd company, he was kick ass in my opinion, and every one else in the book were all like "Hey, you know what, Scipio is a very smart guy" or "Finally I will get to fight along with Scipio again"...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts