Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some extra money kicking around from my birthday and I'm eyeing up Brothers of the Snake, can anyone tell me if it's worth it? Seeing as I can get Sons of Fenris and Wolfblade together for the same price, I want to make sure that this won't turn out to be an abortion.

Oh and Chapters/Coles told me that the new Primer isn't in stock due to none being available from the publisher. Anyone know what's going on there, it hasn't been discontinued already I hope.

·
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster
486 Posts
It's got the words "Dan Abnett" on the cover of course it's good :biggrin:

It's good to see one of the lesser mentioned chapter expanded in so much detail and reminds you that although these chapters haven't been around for 10,000 years they are just as badass as the more well known armies.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Brothers of the snake was an awesome read and so wa the ravenor trilogy. If you purchased ravenor then you obligated to pick up the eisenhorn trilogy.

·
Registered
745 Posts
you probably have spent your money by now but the iron snakes book was very good in my opinion. worth buying for definate :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
It was the first book that I picked up since high school. Thoroughly enjoyed it, enough to pick up the Heresy Books. Cant wait for Mechanicum.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
I've got to say I wasn't too impressed by it. I don't mind short stories, but a whole book of them about the same characters bored me a bit. I'm a big fan of his, but I just finished Only In Death, and that didn't exactly rock my world either. I think Abnett might be trying too hard at this stage.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Brothers of the snake is a really good read. The characters are awesome and the events are action-packed all the way.

Really like the way how the Iron Snakes are organized. Each squad is an independant fighting unit with it's own history.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It was worth it, I would buy the Caiaphas Cain, Ravenor or Eisenhorn books first in that order though.

·
Registered
304 Posts
It was worth it, I would buy the Caiaphas Cain, Ravenor or Eisenhorn books first in that order though.
Why would you read ravenor before eisenhorn. the whole point of ravenor is that he was wounded whilst serving eisenhorn. His injuries are explained there as well as giving the introductions to kara swole and harlon nayl. Eisenhorn is cronologically first so for that and the reasons above that should be read first.

L.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, was a good bed-time story ;) and i agree with RudeAwakening. That whole squad history thing was really cool.

there has been one thing bothering me since i read it. Who was their Primarch? o_O

·
Registered
22 Posts
i liked how it was written in the short story format yet had an over-arching storyline. it was similar to another Dan Abnett book Ghostmaker

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Who was their Primarch? o_O
I believe its only ever mentioned once in the entire book, but the Iron Snakes come from the Ultramarines, and therefore are of Guilliman's genestock. (When he is speaking to Petrok about the trenchors and his squads atonement.)

I loved that book, especially when they attend that party and are told to mingle; couldn't even pick it up for the longest time without laughing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts